Could hormones cause unwanted sexual thoughts?

As an adolescent male, hormones I’ve noticed. Can have an affect on my body but can they have an affect on me being asexual or greysexual. I feel as if I might have an asexual personality because i feel there’s a blank spot where I should feel feelings of strong love and intimacy towards another person in a sexual way. But some times something takes over me and I feel the complete opposite of being asexual. But when that does happen I don’t want it to happen because I just don’t enjoy (mastrabation/ sexual feelings towards others) because I feel as if I’m some sort of animal by the end of it. So my final question would be. What do these crazy mixture of feelings make me? I’d like to know because I’m very confused and feel as if something is missing compared to my friends. I’m still a very happy person I don’t let these feelings bring me down what so ever.:D all I would like is just some help in understanding/ defining them!!!

thank you,

zester

They will effect you however I would not worry or shy away from them. Whether or not you are asexual doesn't matter it is whether you accept you for you. You are only young you will discover as you get older what you feel is right for you.

• Like 1

To the title, yes and no. Low hormones cause loss in sex-drive, so it typically does effect sexual thoughts, but increasing them doesn't create them, they just awaken what's already there.

But sexual people don't desire sex 24/7. All that makes people sexual is desiring sexual activity with others; it doesn't matter why or how, etc. Some just desire it when they're in a certain mood or hormones fluctuate. Nothing Grey about it. Alot of kids in puberty go through a process of accepting their sexual thoughts.

• Like 1
Guest Deus Ex Infinity
6 hours ago, Zester said:

As an adolescent male, hormones I’ve noticed. Can have an affect on my body but can they have an affect on me being asexual or greysexual. I feel as if I might have an asexual personality because i feel there’s a blank spot where I should feel feelings of strong love and intimacy towards another person in a sexual way. But some times something takes over me and I feel the complete opposite of being asexual. But when that does happen I don’t want it to happen because I just don’t enjoy (mastrabation/ sexual feelings towards others) because I feel as if I’m some sort of animal by the end of it. So my final question would be. What do these crazy mixture of feelings make me? I’d like to know because I’m very confused and feel as if something is missing compared to my friends. I’m still a very happy person I don’t let these feelings bring me down what so ever.:D all I would like is just some help in understanding/ defining them!!!

thank you,

zester

I'n not an expert or medical professional but I think it might be possible. I'm on long-term medical prescription and there's always a noticeable physical / mental reaction when the daily or weekly dosage needs to be changed for some reason. Especially on my libido.

Janus the Fox

Yes, no or possibly maybe, everyone will have a different affect from any medication on many human systems in the body, for good, better or for worse as side affects.  There will be some that have no affect, positive or negative affects.  Possibly for some, such a severe endocrine suppression may dampen down an already existing sexuality to a significant point, but for others, may lower an already existing sexuality.  For a few, the fine line between who they are and what maybe healthy and what they maybe are is blurry.

It's all a personal journey regardless as sexuality is.  The key is accepting who you are and change and having healthy medical signs in the end.  I had the question of possibly having low testosterone or higher oestrogen which came back normal in the end.