Well, here goes something... Hi

Nightfox k'Sheyna

Nightfox k'Sheyna

Hi, I'm Nightfox!

I'm 25 and a really really quiet person so I'm having a bit of a hard time with this intro thing :redface: This is my first time even on an internet forum. So, here's attempt #47. ACTION!

I figured out that I'm ace... 2 years ago? I was at college and one of my friends was president of the LGBT+ club on campus. In passing, he mentioned asexuality and it bounced around in my head for a while before I got curious. I googled it and ended up finding a lot of info on YouTube that just really rang true for me. I've been in a few relationships of various lengths, but whenever things got more intense than cuddling or affectionate kissing, I'd just kind of lose interest. Usually my partner would be gung-ho by that point and want to keep going and I'd just go along thinking -maybe this time will be different- but it never was and I'd end up just trying to make them happy.  For some reason I never connected the dots that just because some women/people say they "fake it" doesn't literally mean they were faking it all the time. Like, the whole time. Finding asexuality kind of triggered an epiphany  for me that this wasn't how it usually goes and that I could, actually, have a relationship where I didn't have to go along with what my partner wanted. That this is just a part of who I am and if I don't want sex to be a part of any relationship I have, that's okay. 

Now I've graduated, moved to a new state, started a new job and realized that a LOT of people (family) seem to think that the best way to make new friends is to get a boyfriend.... and that's not going to work because a) I don't want one at this point, I'm still questioning my romantic orientation and b)  I'm not great at knowing where the boundary is between being friendly/nice or being flirty because I just don't really understand the distinction; it just makes me uncomfortable knowing that I might lead someone on when I just want to be their friend. So, I'm hoping I can find some new friends here where people understand that I don't want to get into their pants :rolleyes:

Cue social anxiety kicking in.... Submit

Semiterrestrial Scientist

Hello 👋🏼 Welcome to AVEN!🎉 Enjoy your stay and while you’re here, have some cake 🎂 

Haha I relate to the it’s werid typing about yourself part...

Cake tradition 

Cake 🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

I am just like that, with the whole - read and re-write everything a million times until its as good as it can be, then get super-anxiety from posting it, It goes away for me after doing it a few times in a new place. Don't be scared, we only bite cake! Welcome to AVEN, just spend some time getting comfortable and it can be pretty fun here :) :cake:

Welcome! :) If you want to make some friends that are less likely to start flirting with you why not go to a Meetup and meet fellow asexuals in your area. They're pretty chill, and cake is usually involved if you want to just sit and eat cake without the expectation to have to talk to anyone if you don't want to. :) 

Nightfox k'Sheyna

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)  I really appreciate it. And the imaginary sugar high from the cake :3 

Archived