Binders

:)(:

I think I read about a cis-people binding?

I also keep on reading stuff about boning saying things like...binders are somewhat harmful? Also as a person who uses bras to bind I heard that that was bad too? If you don’t have any problem does that mean that u are ok? Also if you have any cis- binding stories please share I hope I’m not the only one :)

Binding can be harmful if done incorrectly, but can be done safely. In general, wearing a well-made binder in the appropriate size and following the instructions given by the company is a good way to go.

999papercranes

Binding with things like duct tape and ace bandages and those cheap binders off Amazon is harmful, but binders off of websites like Underworks or gc2b or Flavnt are safe if not used for more than eight hours at a time and not used while performing strenuous physical activity. Compression sports bras can also be used to bind if the person is flat enough for it to work, but don't use more than two and even then make sure there's no breathing issues or unusual pain. There's also nothing wrong with binding as a cis person. Some women do experience chest dysphoria despite identifying as a woman or they just like the aesthetics of a flat chest better. I've heard of many cis women binding. Hope this helped :) 

Yeah it did I seriously though I might have wanted to be a boy but I like dresses so I was super confused

😂

999papercranes
36 minutes ago, :)(: said:

Yeah it did I seriously though I might have wanted to be a boy but I like dresses so I was super confused

😂

Well you could be a trans boy and still like dresses, just as well as you could be a cis girl and love to dress in a masculine manner! There's a difference between gender identity and gender expression. Gender is more about how you feel inside and how you like to be perceived while your gender expression is just the clothes you like to wear. I hope this isn't too confusing :P Either way the point is just to do what makes you happy, you know? If that means binding and also wearing dresses, go for it!

2 hours ago, :)(: said:

I think I read about a cis-people binding?

I also keep on reading stuff about boning saying things like...binders are somewhat harmful? Also as a person who uses bras to bind I heard that that was bad too? If you don’t have any problem does that mean that u are ok? Also if you have any cis- binding stories please share I hope I’m not the only one :)

Binding can be bad for you, but only if you wear one for more than 8-12 hours, every day, for years.  Taking long breaks in between binding, even though your dysphoria is severe, can prevent damage to your body.  As a trans guy, it's a source of relief for me, but if you're cis then you probably won't have to worry about the severity of it when you're not doing it for your dysphoria.

If your chest is smaller, then binding with a sports bra is probably the safest thing you can do, though it's not as effective as a professionally-made binder.  Do not use more than two sports bras, that's a recipe for disaster.  Do not ignore weird jabs of pain, bruising, and horrible rashes, that's when you know it's bad.  Basically use common sense.

Hope that helps somewhat :)

I'm wondering if a person can bind with implants? I had male breast Aug done earlier this year my surgeon while doing a great job talked me into going larger so I am now a Full C small D rather then a small B size that I was wearing prior to my surgery. I am not sure what I want to do right now kinda torn between having another surgery or just keeping what I have. Problem is going to some public events like weddings or funerals. A distant relative died last month i wanted to go and pay my respects, but did not want to cause any issues showing up with obvious breasts.  if I was the size I was while wearing my small B forms i probably could have gone with  no issue but being around some family members who have not seen me since surgery, and being pretty noticeable I decided not to go :(     

Possibly do research on the type of implant? I know that their are different types. Definitely ask your doctor first tho.

But some ideas are using two sports bras.

or wearing a looser binder.

also getting creative with clothing.

Lastly possibly giving yourself a bigger stomach and blending it with your chest ?

Sorry I don’t know much.

3 hours ago, Albine said:

I'm wondering if a person can bind with implants? I had male breast Aug done earlier this year my surgeon while doing a great job talked me into going larger so I am now a Full C small D rather then a small B size that I was wearing prior to my surgery. I am not sure what I want to do right now kinda torn between having another surgery or just keeping what I have. Problem is going to some public events like weddings or funerals. A distant relative died last month i wanted to go and pay my respects, but did not want to cause any issues showing up with obvious breasts.  if I was the size I was while wearing my small B forms i probably could have gone with  no issue but being around some family members who have not seen me since surgery, and being pretty noticeable I decided not to go :(     

But ask your doctor first! Please!

thanks for the advice possibly two sport bras or maybe a binder of a combination of the two could work for say an evening. I tried wearing a sports bra but is was till obvious but maybe a binder could work. I will check with my doctor first though as i don't want to have any problems  with my implants right now.  I feel as though this is self inflected though getting implants which while I am about, on the other hand regarding my size,  agreeing to go larger than I originally wanted, while certainly not huge, being a full C / Small D they are pretty noticeable, I had them for 9 mos now and thought after that amount of time I would be for the most part adjusted to them but it seems they are always giving me a constant reminder of their presents either by seeing my reflection, movements or at times just getting in the way. I can certainly see why women complain so much about them! 

1 hour ago, Albine said:

constant reminder of their presents either by seeing my reflection, movements or at times just getting in the way. I can certainly see why women complain so much about them! 

If you want to answer I have a question ?

Are you happy with them and if so why?

4 hours ago, :)(: said:

If you want to answer I have a question ?

Are you happy with them and if so why?

Good Question,  it is a 2 part answer I guess. I have always wanted breasts ever since I was young I crossed dressed a lot thought about transitioning but never seriously, as I found I really just wanted breasts. Now to be able to experience having them to that part I am happy. the other side is the social and size issues, both have been an adjustment in some cases more than I thought, even while I was wearing breast forms. i think though its mainly related to size. I was comfortable being a small B however now that I am an owner of  full C /Small D size breasts its a little different.  Which is to say i am wondering if I am going through to a point what I read about others here regarding feelings about their breast issues. 

Archived