Christmas Tree Poll

flagsforhippos

Will you be having an artificial tree or a real one this Christmas?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be having an artificial tree or a real one this Christmas?

• artificial tree
    • real tree
    • no tree
  2. 2. what will be on top of your tree?

• a star
    • an angel
    • a fairy
    • tree with nothing on top
    • other (please share)
    • no tree
  3. 3. what else will be on your tree this year?

• tinsel
    • baubles
    • lights
    • chocolates
    • candy
    • glitter
    • ribbons
    • fake snow
    • figurines
    • other (please share)
    • no decorations - a bare tree
    • no tree
  4. 4. when will you be putting your tree up?

• November
    • 1st Dec - 8th Dec
    • 9th Dec - 16th Dec
    • 17th Dec - 23rd Dec
    • Christmas Eve
    • Christmas Day
    • no tree
  5. 5. ...and when will you take it down?

• the day after Christmas Day
    • before New Year's Day
    • on or before 6th Jan
    • after 6th Jan
    • no tree

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/17 at 11:59 PM

I don't know yet, as I will be moving mid-December. But I will answer as I would normally when living with my mom:

Artificial tree

We have a variety of tree toppers. We even have a silver thread bird thing.

Lights and every kind of Christmas ornament known to man. No tinsel - that's messy. No garland - there's no room with all of our ornaments.

Put it up in November. (It's currently up and decorated and has been all week but I won't be here for Christmas, hence why I can't answer the poll yet.)

We don't take the tree down until late January.

"What will be on top of your tree?" - No tree :D who puts a tree on top of their tree anyway :P

I refuse to Giftmas.

i don't like christmas trees and i think the reason behind it is more anxiety that the christmas tree lights will cause a fire or something.

I live in a small place, so to store and display Christmas things is tough. So a few years ago I got a Charlie Brown tree. It comes with a blue blanket and a red ornament and plays the song. I put that up with other lights and ornaments and candy canes. I have a stocking and I do a gingerbread house or train. My landlord is great and puts up lights outside. So it's not like when I was a kid, but it's something to help me get into the spirit of Christmas.

flagsforhippos
7 minutes ago, iff said:

i don't like christmas trees and i think the reason behind it is more anxiety that the christmas tree lights will cause a fire or something.

My mom is the same with Xmas lights because of potential fire. I said she could decorate the tree with fire extinguishers :P she was not amused.

9 minutes ago, flagsforhippos said:

My mom is the same with Xmas lights because of potential fire. I said she could decorate the tree with fire extinguishers :P she was not amused.

oh well, it made me chuckle :)

swirl_of_blue

I never decorate my own apartment at all as I spend Xmas with my parents. They will have, as always, a real tree topped with a star made of straw. There will also be a lot of straw ornaments and some baubles on the tree, as well as a bell for all three of my mom's children. No tinsel or anything else too glittery and fake looking. And real candles. My parents have never used electric candles on the tree, not even when they had small children. We were simply taught to be careful and the candles were only lit if an adult was around to supervise, and nothing has ever caught fire. The tree will be bought a few days before eve, and will stay for as long as it stays in good condition and doesn't start to shed too much.

I have a smallish flat but I will fill it full of as much Christmas as I can! I have 4 trees (at last count) one main one for the living room, a smaller one for the hall, an even smaller one for my dressing table and finally a tiny one by my door!

Oh wait! there is also a wall sticker one for my bedroom too!!

No tree. I live in a condo so I'm not allowed to own real trees (fire hazard), and I don't have the space to store an artificial one. :c

there's a big red bow on the top of our tree this year

WobblyWallaby

I started decorating last night. With Hanukkah starting on the 12th this year I at least wanted to put the menorah up. I'm setting the tree up tonight though....mostly because I kept stumbling on the Christmas decorations while trying to find the dreidel.

No tree. I always used to have one, and it would have had an angel on top that I made, it probably would have been real and had lights, and I would have started at least thinking about getting one by this weekend.

We've had trees with pets in the past, but our two current cats, though normally well behaved, are big, rambunctious males - brothers - who sometimes play really hard. One likes string too much for his own good, and the other is the same way with plastic, and just yesterday they surprised me by crashing something off the kitchen counter - which they hadn't done in a long time, but I'm not taking any chances. Besides our house is small, there's really no room for a tree, and I always hated putting it all away when the holidays were over, so we have not had one in a few years now. I can't say we've really missed it. My cats keep me entertained enough. ;)

I have an artificial tree. For the top of my tree I bought a big ornament that I thought was a star but apparently I'm on crack because it turned out to be a snowflake. Oh well it still looks nice. It also has silver and gold tinsel, black, silver, and gold ball ornaments, and a few other random ornaments. I put it up the day after Thanksgiving and I guess I'll take it down a day or two after Christmas, I'm not sure yet.

4 hours ago, Groobly said:

So many no trees. Christmas trees are fun. :(

Yes. I was surprised, too. Even the 6-9 inch. real and artificial miniature trees are cute, fun, and quick to decorate.

I didn't respond to the poll.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to have a tree this year or not. If I do I will get a real tree (and I will probably decide by tomorrow). I like having a real tree, with the smell of pine, the decorations and lights. If I put anything on top it will probably be a star (or I might try something different... not sure what). The only thing I don't like about having a real tree is the mess at the end of the season. Needles seem to get everywhere. I might look into artificial trees in after Christmas sales, for use in the future.

flagsforhippos
13 hours ago, Nebulous said:

No tree. I live in a condo so I'm not allowed to own real trees (fire hazard), and I don't have the space to store an artificial one. :c

8 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

artificial miniature trees are cute, fun, and quick to decorate.

When I first moved out of home I had no money for a tree so I borrowed a tiny four inch plastic one from a model train set and decorated it with shiny sweet wrappers and string - it was kind of pathetic to be honest but at least it gave visitors a chuckle :)

flagsforhippos
10 hours ago, Moonchaser said:

We've had trees with pets in the past, but our two current cats, though normally well behaved, are big, rambunctious males - brothers - who sometimes play really hard

Spoiler

pexels-photo-236586.jpeg

Kitties just can't resist all those play things on a tree

Pets tend to think the Christmas tree is for their benefit, whether cats thinking it is for climbing or playing or dogs wanting to do their business.

1) I don't know if we'll have an fake or real tree, last year we had a real tree, the year before that a fake one.. 

2) I don't know, sometimes we have star, sometimes we have nothing, sometimes we have a reindeer, whose head fell off :P 

3) we have two romans, a jukebox, two harry potter ornaments, a charmander, a train, a bird, some pictures, some christmas ball things, some candy cane that are now years old and only used for decoration, a fake candy cane and few santa heads, and some more.. we also put lights on the tree... 

4) I don't know, probably between the 17th and the 23rd.. 

5) when ever my dad decided to take the tree down :P 

arekathevampyre

too much things around the house to put the tree up this year . and we are looking for a coloured tree (possibly rainbow haha) . 

does anyone know where I can get coloured trees ? Maybe I need an ace flag coloured tree !! 😮

flagsforhippos
On 02/12/2017 at 3:35 PM, XYZ96 said:

two romans, a jukebox, two harry potter ornaments, a charmander, a train, a bird, some pictures, some christmas ball things, some candy cane

.... and a partridge in a pear tree  :P

That's gonna be one hell of a tree! Can we please see some photos when it goes up? :)

@arekathevampyre sounds like fun! Alternatively, you could decorate a tree with ornaments/tinsel/garlands in ace colors, that's probably easier to do. You could probably find a white tree, maybe even a purple tree, but I imagine finding a black, grey, white, and purple tree is much harder! 

flagsforhippos
38 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

Maybe I need an ace flag coloured tree !! 😮

yeessss !!!!

arekathevampyre
1 minute ago, Planet Ace said:

@arekathevampyre sounds like fun! Alternatively, you could decorate a tree with ornaments/tinsel/garlands in ace colors, that's probably easier to do. You could probably find a white tree, maybe even a purple tree, but I imagine finding a black, grey, white, and purple tree is much harder! 

Great ideas !! Definitely going for a purple tree and tinsel in other colours on the ace flag (a white tree is bad because my house is dusty no matter how much cleaning is done)

2 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

Great ideas !! Definitely going for a purple tree and tinsel in other colours on the ace flag (a white tree is bad because my house is dusty no matter how much cleaning is done)

Oh, I never even considered that. At my home, we've always used artificial trees, but never a white one, always green. So dust doesn't really show up against the green, even though we leave it up a long time and it has plenty of opportunity to gather.

arekathevampyre
1 minute ago, Planet Ace said:

Oh, I never even considered that. At my home, we've always used artificial trees, but never a white one, always green. So dust doesn't really show up against the green, even though we leave it up a long time and it has plenty of opportunity to gather.

We use artificial trees too . And green ones . I like the setting up but not the packing !! We usually set it up in the early weeks of december and take it down before janurary

5 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

We use artificial trees too . And green ones . I like the setting up but not the packing !! We usually set it up in the early weeks of december and take it down before janurary

I don't like packing it away either. It's not nearly as fun as setting it up! Which is why I always dig my heels in and resist putting it away for as long as possible, lol. Some years I've even managed to keep the tree up until Valentine's day! No shame. :P

Archived