This Came Out of The Blue...

bsmiles123

Hey, I'm Bliss. I'm 23 and in my first relationship that's lasted about four months. It's also LDR. I'm not really sure where to start. For a long time I was pretty mainstream heterosexual and grew up being told I'd marry a man, stay at home, have five or six kids, and just be happy. Fast forward ten years, I'm still not married, not interested in kids, and have no freaking clue what the hell my sexuality is! 

My questioning started out with bisexuality in high school. I usually found girls more attractive, but still had attraction to men. But it was aesthetic, not sexual. Like, I think they are physically cute and good-looking but I never wanted to sleep with anyone. I still don't. Does that make sense? 

I'm seriously confused about myself. 

But I'm grateful for some amazing people who understand!

Welcome! :) Yes, it makes sense, and I'm sure many here can relate.

Image result for blue cake

Hello and welcome to AVEN!

This definitely makes sense! I can totally relate to that and I'm your age. You might've just discovered that you're an ace or something around. Donut worry though, there's a plethora of people lurking in the forums to help you ~

I think that most people, male, female, and everyone in between, can find people attractive (aesthetically) without being interested in them sexually or romantically. A lot of people also get confused about this when they're younger, and some don't. Regardless, probably most people here at AVEN can understand your confusion in regards to your attraction with girls. :)

Welcome! Have some cake :cake:

It makes perfect sense. I also find people aesthetically attractive regardless of gender and on rare occasions I feel romantic attraction towards someone, but never sexual. So you're definitely not alone and I'm sure this site can help you make sense of it all :)

1 hour ago, bsmiles123 said:

Hey, I'm Bliss. I'm 23 and in my first relationship that's lasted about four months. It's also LDR. I'm not really sure where to start. For a long time I was pretty mainstream heterosexual and grew up being told I'd marry a man, stay at home, have five or six kids, and just be happy. Fast forward ten years, I'm still not married, not interested in kids, and have no freaking clue what the hell my sexuality is! 

My questioning started out with bisexuality in high school. I usually found girls more attractive, but still had attraction to men. But it was aesthetic, not sexual. Like, I think they are physically cute and good-looking but I never wanted to sleep with anyone. I still don't. Does that make sense? 

I'm seriously confused about myself. 

But I'm grateful for some amazing people who understand!

Hey! You might be homoromantic asexual maybe? If you truly not want to have sex with anybody or least find them attractive in a sexual way you can be asexual.But you don't have to find label and label yourself.Sure it's really brave thing to label yourself but if you don't want to you don't have to. 

Welcome! Knowing the difference in the types of attraction could help you to better understand how you feel. Here, take this :) 

Sketchcomic - types of Attraction

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:46 PM, bsmiles123 said:

Like, I think they are physically cute and good-looking but I never wanted to sleep with anyone.

It makes perfect sense! I feel the exact same way! I always thought that something wasn't right with me, because I didn't want to sleep with anyone. But finding this place and finding people like me is great! And I hope it is good for you too! :cake: Cake!

Archived