unsure and brocken

Karin123

hello everyone, i'm new here, looking for an advice ...

I live with my boyfriend for more than

half of a year, and we didn't have sex.. for some reasons I don't want this, and other types of intimacy as well, most of the time. He is very nice  person and looks very good, but i still don't want anything .. i have mood to do something, but very rarely... i feel very bad every time I have  to tell him "no"...recently started to think that I may be asexual. Word by itself doesn't mean anything to me, I don't like labels, but i worry a lot that he is unhappy in our relationship. In addition I feel brocken because the fact that im not "normal" affects a lot mental health, and I just lost hope that I can live, if this will bother me always ..  I don't know how to live with this... If someone here has experienced something similar, I'd be glad to get some advice ...

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Hi Karin,

I'm sorry you feel broken. You aren't; you're just different. Asexuality is a part of normality. It wouldn't be normal if everyone was the same.

As for the situation with your boyfriend: I guess you should talk about this. Don't worry about him being unhappy. It's his decision to be in a relationship with you even though you aren't having sex. Isn't that great?

You'll find a lot support and many nice people. Now it's time for some cake: :cake:

Take heart! It's a long and uneven road, but it's worth it.

Julian

Hey Karin. As @Julian of Norwich has said, you're not broken, you just experience things slightly different than average. There are over 100,000 people on here who feel the same way :) As for your boyfriend, you need to tell him how you feel and you need to listen to how he feels. Communication is the key to any relationship. :) 

Archived