new/intro

Bookwyrm

Hi everyone

I'm here to make friends. I moved to a new area (am probably moving again soon closer to work). My girlfriend broke up with me (and I can't help but feel my disinterest in sex was a larger factor than she admits), and the whole idea of asexuality is very new for me. It's something I've been thinking about, here and there, for a few years. I tried to get on Asexualitic but didn't have much luck meeting people or having longer conversations. And I love a good conversation.

Sorry to lead with a sob story. My real point is just that I'm laid back, have diverse interests, love to joke, and would love to have some new people to talk to, especially people who can understand the struggle with a sexual identity at odds with so much of mainstream culture.

Off the top of my head, I'm into literature, fantasy fiction, horror movies, stand up comedy, art, history, animals (including mythical ones), aaaand....more things than it occurs to me to write.

I'm male, in my 20s, degree in Literature, write fiction, etc I don't know if you'd like to talk I'd like to talk too. If you understand the joke in my display name, all the better :) (it isn't a good joke)

Welcome! :) I'm sure you'll be able to find people with common interests that you can talk to.

Image result for book cake

Welcome, welcome! :cake:
I appreciate the pun. A+ :D

I'm pretty new and looking for other people to have good conversations with too! It gets a little lonely being surrounded by people who just don't quite understand who you are all the time and its nice to talk to others on the ace spectrum to get that community. I'd love to talk! :) 

I feel you want to meet people in your local area you could always check o the Meetup Mart, by looking at existing posts and maybe even offering to host a Meetup yourself you could meet fellow asexuals that live near you and make some new friends, and possibly even meet someone new :) 

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Welcome. :) I also enjoy longer conversations with people; but I am a lot older than you so it would be up to you if you felt comfortable with that or not.

You're welcome to send me a PM if you're interested to chat. 

I hope you have a good time on AVEN.  :cake: 

Space-Ace-Android

Hello! I am free to talk anytime in the evenings and welcome fellow bookwrym <3

Want some cake?

Image result for cake

Sorry to hear about your relationship, but hope you meet new people here to talk to! :cake: Cake!

On 12/2/2017 at 7:49 AM, Bookwyrm said:

Maybe this is written somewhere...but why all the cakes? :huh:

I think it started out as a stereotype and it was adopted because it is a way to relate to each other like how if you Like Harry Potter you relate to the Wingardam Leviosa thing. 

Oh oh I found this

From what I understand, asexuality.org (AVEN) made cake an unofficial symbol of asexual-ness, since we believe "cake is better than sex" :P

Archived