Non-Binary...I need a name...and help

tobi.is.a.gross.nerd

tobi.is.a.gross.nerd

So, clearly I am non-binary. I have been this way for a very long time. Since I was 11 actually. Of course I didn't know the word non-binary back then. I would just always answer the question of "are you a boy?" Or "what Are you?" With "I'm nothing" or "yes, and girl, and everything!" 

This always pissed off my mother, but that was and is just who I am.

So my given name is Christina, and a nickname I've gone by because I played him in a play is Tobi.

Neither of these seem right to me though. Like. They aren't really me. They're not who I am. 

So do you guys have any suggestions?

I would really appreciate the help

😊 thanks!

What kind of name do you want? Probably a gender-neutral name, right? What sorts of things do you like or are important to you?

What do you like in a name? Are there certain sounds? Numbers of syllables? Are nicknames important? Just general "feel" of a name? Are there any names you've heard that you really liked for some reason? Even if you don't want that particular name, what was it about that name that stood out to you? I know that this is all really subjective, but finding the right name really is subjective.

Avery

Tristian

oh I have been saving this one Orricko?

try words to I have a friend that wants to name her child MORTALITY .

if u need more random names just ask.

• 5 weeks later...

Morgan, maybe? I have a personal preference for that as an NB name. But, whatever you like.^_^

Confusing to be around

I like the name Andi and even though there’s a tv show about a girl with that name (which I love), it’s a pretty neutral name. Oh and I meant the tv show I’m not crushing on the main character.

Confusing to be around

Also I like that you are confident with your situation! 

AcornCarvings

I LOVE the name Peregrine -  It is not specifically a male or female name, and there are some nice variations on it (Peri, Pippin) 

Also, it always brings to mind Lord of the Rings for me!

• 9 months later...
IThoughtYouDied

I suggest Alex, a boy, girl, and everything in the middle can be called Alex. In fact, I call myself Alex despise my name not even being close to Alex.

no-longer-in-use

What I did to find names I liked was looked up "gender-neutral names" or "unisex names" or used websites like BehindTheName until I found ones I liked, compiled them into a list, and picked from those. And I have a few names to choose from now that I really love. Since I'm quite picky, it took a fair bit of searching, but I found the gems eventually. I'd recommend trying the same thing. Good luck!

• 9 months later...

I think I'm kind of leaving my not-so-dead-name (yet) behind and getting dissociated from it without looking for a remplacement. I'm also identifying more and more with the name I use here, Poeci, but I don't want it to be my legal name... so right now I don't really have a name. It's impractical, but weirdly okay... 

I wouldn't really mind just being ''that kid''...

Archived