Aromantic or Biromantic?

I just realized that I am asexual this week and it's little weird to get used to because I am so shocked that these feelings I had over the years actually make sense now and brings me comfort. Although I am now pretty secure in my sexual orientation, I am unsure of my romantic orientation. Since I was little I had crushes on boys and girls. I remember when I was around ten years old I was sleeping over some girl's house and she got on top of me and started to make out with me. I did not feel anything no spark or anything even though I wanted to because she was nice and cute. Then when I was in my early teens a boy asked me out and I agreed because he was sweet to me and decent looking. However, I broke up with him after a day or two because I disliked how sweaty and embarrassing hand holding was, he became far too clingy and jealous, and I disliked how he would put his hand around my waist. More recently in highschool I had two crushes on two of the most attractive masculine boys in our school (and they seemed interested in me too surprisingly) and we would stare at one another in the halls. I always thought of just kissing/making out with them, getting to know them, and some sensual touching(chest,legs, face no genitals), but of course sex never even crossed my mind even when their stares were anything but innocent, I somehow did not get the hint until much later. I thought that they would never ever even think about having sex with me. I am confused because I want a relationship where we can kiss, cuddle, be sensual, talk, go to the movies, play video games etc. without sex , but it seems like when I am in a "relationship" I run away or can not stand how overbearing they can become it's like the friend/person I knew turns into someone I do not like. I should be clear and say that I do want my romantic and emotional feelings reciprocated I want to be kissed and cuddled. It was just he was a basically stranger that I did not know that asked me out, so I guess now that I think back on it I  think that is why I ran away from him.

Blue Phoenix Ace
On 11/28/2017 at 11:01 PM, nate-1234 said:

I should be clear and say that I do want my romantic and emotional feelings reciprocated

It sounds like you are biromantic. :) If you've experienced crushes and have a desire for a long term romantic relationship, then you are romantic.

Janus the Fox

I kind of take a stance that I'm open to anything for love in a relationship, only really had one female crush and a longer standing love for my current boyfriend, It's all I've ever had in 30 years.  I like doing most things, but no real "desire" to do or longing for romance.  Still a relationship on loves sensual aspects are much more fulfilling than the full gamut of romance and sexual behaviour.