what's the difference between neutrois and agender?

Discoverasexuality

Discoverasexuality

I dont feel like either a male or a female , i have peter pan syndrome. My birth assigned sex is female.

That makes me gender neutrois or an agender? what's the basic difference between them?

Basically, agender means that you identify as having no gender, whereas neutrois is a broader term. it means several different things like that, such as nullgender, neutral-gender, and a few others. (Actually it is unique for everyone). I'm not sure which you are, but I hope this helps

I've always been curious as well. I read somewhere...people can certainly correct me if I'm wrong (especially those that identify as agender or neutrois), but I read that being agender is that you feel you are without gender. But neutrois is that you do identify as having a gender, it's just a neutral one. So agender is like "nope, what is gender? I'm of no gender." But neutrois is like "I feel like I have a gender...but it's not male/female or anything in between, it's neutral." 

Anyhoo, just take your time exploring and see what feels right! :cake: 

Agender is lacking a gender altogether

Neutrois is having a gender, but it’s inherently neutral and/or neither male nor female

Is basically the same since both are very close to each other in the spectrum. But for what can I understand, agender is not having a gender at all (an absolute zero 0), neutrois is like being in a limbo of genders where you have a gender but cancels itself because is neutral in relation to all genders (+1-1=0,). Null gender is more like agender where you naturally don't have a gender value but you can become whatever gender you want if you want to (like a placeholder where the true value is zero or non existent {n} where n=0,1,2).

i really use them interchangeably  for myself because they are very similar in concept in the fact that they all are basically gender zero regardless of the equation. It all comes down to how you feel inside (or in my case how you don't care about specifics)

Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

I use them both, as I go between having a gender but not being male or female which is my definition for being neutrois, and not having a gender as in being agender. Anyway, good luck deciding which fits you. :D

I just use 'neutral'. Personally, I think 'neutrois' sounds a bit pretentious. But whatever, doesn't really matter. As others have said neutral/neutrois is having a gender, but it is in some measure an equal mix of woman and man, give or take a bit on either side. But if there's no man, no woman, and nothing else, then agender would describe you.

I'm neutrois and would accept it if a person labelled me as agender.

What made me choose the label neutrois though was that I experience gender dysphoria and want a transition to being bodily more neutral.

Dysphoria can be experienced both by agender and neutrois people, but my subjective perception was that neutrois is more strongly tied to dysphoria and wanting to transition and that some agender people were perfectly happy in their bodies.

Maybe the use has changed over the last 6 years, but this distinction still lingers in my head.

Do correct me if I'm wrong ^^

TheLastOfSheila

I'm so confused, lol!  I study the definitions, and the various discussion threads like this one, but walk away with no answers.  I suppose, the reality is that the labels really don't matter, and can never completely define me anyway.  Still, when I am here, I have this desire to somehow find the definition that fits me.  I dunno...weird.  I guess many of us come here to share with others and to find the answers maybe.

In terms of gender (as I understand the definition), I was born female and that is what I identify as.  I am comfortable identifying as female.  In terms of gender expression (as far as I understand it), I guess I would fall under androgynous, although when I think of that word, I don't picture myself in that way.  Before coming to AVEN, my concept of androgynous was someone slim, pretty, elfin, giving no clue as to the gender of an individual.  I don't see myself in that way at all.  However, after reading Heart's definition page, I think that perhaps androgynous best suits me - " A gender expression whose goal is to appear both manly and womanly in equal measure. " - sounds about right.  I am a woman, but not now, nor ever have been a girly-girl.  I was never a tomboy either.  I was never good at any sports, except for swimming and archery, never spent time, as a prepubescent, hanging out and playing sports with boys. 

As I have gotten older, I have come to feel that I no longer have to bow to society's expectations of how a woman should dress or act.  I prefer men's clothing, or masculine styled clothing, as it is more comfortable, and usually better made.  I feel free wearing nice tailored shirts, pants, suits, a sturdy pair of Oxfords.  I don't want to be a man however.  I dig being a woman totally.  Learning about asexuality has freed me even more from the constraints of societal expectations.

Whenever I take those silly gender tests that one comes across on the net, I usually score at 50% or higher on the male side.  My tastes in art, music, literature, as well as my philosophical leanings almost never line up with what is considered "female".  I realize most of those tests are far from being scientifically valid in any way, but after coming up with similar results again, and again, one has to wonder, right? 

Archived