Hi! Just joined....

GroovinElli

I'm new here, but not new to bring asexual. I was prompted to investigate this more online and join this site because of a comment I'm sure you've all heard and are tired of yourselves. 

Yesterday I was told again, "you need to get some... You need a release!" 

Plleeaase!

Any advice on what to say or do in that situation?

Also, where can I go to chat/meet with others?

Thanks!

Welcome to AVEN! ^_^:cake:

Welcome, always nice to see someone new here.

What to reply, just smile and answer politely, I'm saving myself........

it could be for the right one, it could be from disease, or whatever else, it's open ended

Welcome! :) Sorry that you've had such rude responses. Also, when you say chat/meet, do you mean online or in real life?

Image result for cake images

Hi there ~ :cake:
My usual response is "...I need what?" with that spark of irony in my gaze.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

"I don't need nuthin' or nobody" Just be yourself and tell them truthfully to go away and mind their own business. They probably just wanted to get with you anyway.

Lol!! 

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the responses! I appreciate it. Is there a chat room, or how do we meet other members? Like, can we post a profile that others can browse?

Just wondering...

Elli

2 minutes ago, GroovinElli said:

Lol!! 

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the responses! I appreciate it. Is there a chat room, or how do we meet other members? Like, can we post a profile that others can browse?

Just wondering...

Elli

There is a chat room. On the right of the purple bar at the bottom of the page, there's a speech bubble icon. Click on it to open up the chat. (You can't use it on mobile, unfortunately.)

And yes, you can fill out your profile. When you click on your avatar or username to go on your profile, there's the purple rectangle up top. At the top right of that, it should say Edit Profile. Click on that to fill out your profile information. As for how to meet people, the forums are a great place to get to know other members.

Archived