Hi I'm new and just learning, looking for advice

Jenii

Hi everyone I'm a new member and just learning about asexuality. I believe this is a perfect example of how I've always felt but had never heard of it till recently. I would love the chance to hear from people on here with experience that could possibly offer advice or info on where to start conversations and talk with other people that can help. Thanks!!!

Welcome! The Asexuality section of the forums is a good place to ask questions and talk about your experiences. If it's a general question about asexuality, or wondering if you might be asexual, try Questions about Asexuality. If you need relationship advice, check out Asexual Relationships. And if you just want to share thoughts and experiences, Asexual Musings and Rantings is the place for you. Haha, this is starting to sound like an ad or something. But anyway, I hope you enjoy the forums and get the insight you need!

Image result for cake images

LadyWallflower

Welcome! I hope you have a lovely time! Feel free to check out the various threads about asexuality in order to get the answers to the questions you need. But also check out the other threads too, and try to have fun!

Ok so I am going to be brutally honest an open about my life and experiences in the hope that maybe people might help me understand. I am currently 40 years old and have a pretty traumatic past. As a child and teenager I have been sexually abused and assaulted several times. It has resulted in me being diagnosed with bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, PTSD and severe anxiety which I am currently being treated for. I had my first consentual sexual experience when I was 16 and immediately knew I didn't like sex. I continued with it just to make my partner happy but when I told him I didn't like it he broke up with me. I've had multiple sexual partners in my life again only for the benefit of them. I do not like sex, I don't enjoy it and I'm not comfortable with it at all. I've tried having non sexual relationships but they've all left me for not wanting to have sex with them too. I have not been sexually active for many years now and I am perfectly happy with it. Everyone I know loves sex and revolves their lives around it and I just don't understand. Nobody knows how I feel because I don't feel like they would understand so I feel very alone. I also haven't been in a relationship for many years either which I am perfectly happy with. So I am perfectly content with being single and never having sex again for the rest of my life which is why I feel like I identify with being asexual. Am I correct in my thinking? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear it's been rough for you, but we're here for you. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and maybe check out the Meetup Mart to meet some local aces in your area :) 

pancakecake.png

Archived