Hey hey party people

-satellite-

Figured I've spent too many hours researching asexuality to not make an account on here. I've been questioning my (non)sexuality for the past 3-4 years. For a while I thought I was lithromantic asexual, then I thought gray-A, then for a while I thought I simply had relationship/sex anxiety, and I've since come back around to the asexual spectrum. It's been a trip. Currently, I've settled on heteromantic and either gray-asexual or just your garden variety asexual. I'll probably be in the questioning phase forever. I've learned some wonderful things about myself (sex repulsion, woohoo!) and I'm excited to keep learning with y'all. 

I'm a 19-year-old woman who has never been in a real relationship, never had sex, never kissed anyone, never even held hands romantically with anyone. Basically, I kick ass in never-have-I-ever. And while I'm totally fine with being a virgin, my lack of romantic experience has been my biggest insecurity in my adolescent years, especially as I've watched nearly all my close friends enjoy being in relationships. But I feel like I'm almost part of the club here; though we've all had different experiences (or lack thereof), we are in a wonderful position to help each other grow. 

So to ~properly~ introduce myself: Hello, I'm -satellite-! Fun fact, I chose this name because of the songs Satellite by Guster (gorgeous song, 10/10 recommend) and Astronaut by Simple Plan (I cried to this song too many times back in middle school), and satellites are such lonely things that I often relate to. I'm a college student studying cognitive neuroscience and psychology, I have an obsession with makeup and a love for football (Steelers!!) and a few other sports too. I like music that puts people to sleep, like mid-2000s soft rock and indie folk, but my all-time favorite bands are The Beatles and Paramore, so it seems my music taste is just as confusing as my sexuality (yay!).  

But mainly, I'm here for a good time, a nice chat, and a healthy bit of lurking. How are you all today? :)

Hello there ~ :cake:

Sports? I like watching volleyball and ski jumping ^_^

hi satellite! welcome :) :cake: that such a beautiful username cause i think most of us here can totally relate! i do for sure ♥ (feeling less alone already??) coping and growing up with the sense of the general 'lacking' is probably one of the thoughest parts of an a-spec personal journey but im glad you got a positive outlook and approach to it. also i think i gave up making sense of my very various tastes ever since lol 

'garden variety asexual' -- love this lol (could also be cake variety lol:D:cake:)

29 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Hello there ~ :cake:

Sports? I like watching volleyball and ski jumping ^_^

I like swimming. But I sometimes watch underwater hockey, water polo, synchronised swimming, canoeing and lifesaving competitions... can you tell I'm a lifeguard? 

2 minutes ago, Lichley said:

I like swimming. But I sometimes watch underwater hockey, water polo, synchronised swimming, canoeing and lifesaving competitions... can you tell I'm a lifeguard? 

Really? o.o
I like my bath tub, and that's all XD I'm kinda like a cat in terms of water and humidity. But watching water sports is indeed cool ~

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Really? o.o
I like my bath tub, and that's all XD I'm kinda like a cat in terms of water and humidity. But watching water sports is indeed cool ~

Depends on the water sport. Water hockey is surprisingly entertaining, as is water volleyball, but synchronised swimming can drag on, and canoeing is kind of hard to do in the small pool that they get to do it in.

Humidity usually floofs my hair right up, which can be good or bad depending on the hairstyle. But water 👌👌👌 I love water. I could swim alll day and not get tired of it. There's something so relaxing about having your body suspended in a liquid matrix. And then you can do things you couldn't normally, like flips, spins, and dives.  It's just wonderful to be in water ❤️

3 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Depends on the water sport. Water hockey is surprisingly entertaining, as is water volleyball, but synchronised swimming can drag on, and canoeing is kind of hard to do in the small pool that they get to do it in.

Humidity usually floofs my hair right up, which can be good or bad depending on the hairstyle. But water 👌👌👌 I love water. I could swim alll day and not get tired of it. There's something so relaxing about having your body suspended in a liquid matrix. And then you can do things you couldn't normally, like flips, spins, and dives.  It's just wonderful to be in water ❤️

I'm generally very open when it comes to watching sports. I can watch literally everything from F1 through curling to even things like snooker or MMA.
My hair is an independent entity, but it does listen to my only trustworthy hairdresser. I can relax in a bath full of incredibly hot water and bubbles, but I just... don't like getting wet beyond that (:3 _ )=

Welcome! :) I can relate to you - I'm the same age and have never had a relationship either. I'm doing well right now.

Image result for satellite cake

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived