Aces in the School System (american south)

tobi.is.a.gross.nerd

tobi.is.a.gross.nerd

Okay. So ever since I identified as ace I came out immediately to my close friends at school. While telling them other people heard about it and spread the news to the furthest corners of the school. 

Now this in and of itself is NOT a problem. 

I am very comfortable with my sexuality. 

The problem is, the people who know and don't believe asexuality is real, and the people who think anything other than white cis straight people are evil or bad in general.

Many people come up to me making sexual gestures, hand motions, and the like. They will push me into other people exclaiming "The Ace Has Touched Another, REJOICE" and just taunting in general.

I don't pay any attention to it because they are ignorant immature tools that don't deserve my time.

I was just curious if other people are going through similar things at school, work, or home. 

Tell me about it!

Hmm. I have had one person tell me they thought me being asexual was wrong, but to that, I don't mind, because that's just their opinion and so long as they don't try to go out of their way to give me shit for being what they perceive to be "wrong", then I don't mind someone thinking I'm "wrong". If that makes sense? it's kind of like some.... "If this makes me wrong, then I don't want to be right" kind of attitude.

As for the taunting, with something like that, I feel like if I had that happen to me in high school, I'd just see about flipping it/playing along or something like "YES! AND NOW MY ACENESS WILL SPREAD, EXCELLENT, YOU SHEEP HAVE FALLEN RIGHT INTO MY TRAP! MWUAAHAHHA" or something, idk. I was very "idgaf" and ready to turn shit back on anyone trying to give me shit, but not like.. in a mean way. I would just turn it on them and tease them right back for being into that ... dating nonsense.

For the sexual gestures/hand motions, something I might do would be like put my hands around my eyes like pretend binoculars, and then pretend to narrate some nat geo documentary about these bizarre creatures' behavior in their natural habitat or something. x'D

I told my best friend in college and it got the ball rolling for an absolutely false rumor to get started about me having supposedly been molested by my father.

MostliiGhostii

One human in class recently questioned me about being gay. I informed him that I’m not gay and that I am aversed to sex anyways. That I actually don’t experience sexual attraction and am asexual.

He stared at me and said “so you reproduce like a plant?” And all the other kids in class turned around and looked at me. He kept taunting me for being a plant. 

He also recently was making fun of me behind my back about being asexual. But he is indeed iggnorant. He constantly makes transgender jokes, homosexual jokes, and race jokes. He finds human in taunting the things he doesnt understand.

I’m sorry for people taunting you like that. No one has ever going physical with me, and only my immeadiate family makes sex jokes to make me cringe.

Wow. My blood is boiling at how they treat you. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Isn’t the human race such a lovely group of organisms? 🙄 I didn’t know about asexuality as a student, but I was very straight-laced and studious 🤓 so people did rarely try to mess with me with the usual pathetic virgin-shaming crap and bad insults. I just ignored them and they gave up. Those types of ignorant meatbags aren’t worth acknowledging. It also helped that I had intimidating friends (no one messed with me when I had a wrestler as a friend 😎). If your school gives a damn at all and doesn’t have lazy staff, report people for harassment; maybe people will actually do something about it now that harassment is trending topic in the news.

• 2 weeks later...
Lucas Monteiro
On 29/11/2017 at 2:30 PM, Laplace said:

Isn’t the human race such a lovely group of organisms? 🙄 I didn’t know about asexuality as a student, but I was very straight-laced and studious 🤓 so people did rarely try to mess with me with the usual pathetic virgin-shaming crap and bad insults. I just ignored them and they gave up. Those types of ignorant meatbags aren’t worth acknowledging. It also helped that I had intimidating friends (no one messed with me when I had a wrestler as a friend 😎). If your school gives a damn at all and doesn’t have lazy staff, report people for harassment; maybe people will actually do something about it now that harassment is trending topic in the news.

The human race can be sometimes an disgrace for thelmseves and an insult to the concept of consciousness itself, because once you have consciousness, shouldn't you be using correctly trying to understand from the point of view from the others ? Anyway, people who do something like that almost all the time are just compensating for their own insecurities. I find that the best way it's to not give an damn crap for what they say, at the end those people are truly not worthy to have your time. And people will only hurt you if you let them.

To Each Their Own

People at work don’t usually do this kind of behaviour because it’s callsed sexual harrasment and most places of employment have polices against such behaviour - people get fired over that kind of thing in the adult world (when it’s reported).

Anyway, I once went to a high school in the south, for about a year, and I’m no surprised that things haven’t changed all that much in the past 30-odd years.  Only back then they were calling me and my sister half-breeds. Seriously, they would through us up against the lockers and say, “You ain’t white. You ain’t black. What is yeeeew?” One day my sister just got tired of it and beat the shit out of them. They never messed with us again. They still called us half-breeds, but it never got physical again.

High School isn’t easy.  I understand what you are saying...the south in the United States isn’t the greatest place for people that aren’t cis heteronormative (and in most places, white).  High School is a super concentrated microcosm of whatever city/environment surrounds it. All I can say is that, we get it; we’ve been there; it sucks. I sorry that you are going through it now. People can really be ass hats! At least you are not one of them.

Archived