Why kiss??

Only recently did I find out that I was grey ace, but since then, so many things have made sense. Like, my aversion to sexual jokes (just not funny) and also why I've never wanted to kiss anybody.

I still have many questions, but right now the thing that I'm wondering about the most is why do people kiss? I have not kissed anyone, so I guess that is part of the question, because I can't say "I kissed someone and it was wet and nasty. Never again.".

In the first place, why do people want to kiss, and then, after they've kissed, why don't they go "That was wet. Next time I'll stick to spitting on them." I also just don't get the difference between spitting on someone, and kissing someone- maybe it's more spit efficient, like "Waste no spit?"

This all goes to say "Why do people want to kiss, and does mushing your face into someone else's face actually feel good?"

Kissing without an emotional bond doesnt make any sense to me....but I can understand why people would want to kiss someone they love. Its a way of showing their affection....its very intimate and special(something u dont do with everyone). I am a romantic ace , I have never felt the urge to kiss someone,but I want to experience it...

• Like 3

For me, it just a nonsexual way of showing someone that I love being near them, and intimate with them. It's a way of sharing a part of myself that's directly physical and doesn't involve sex. I'm pretty grossed out by bodily fluids, and spit is no exception, but if I deem someone acceptable to share that kind of thing with, for me it's kind of a big deal, which is why I find kissing so intimate and enjoyable. It, in my opinion, is something only to be shared with the closest bond you could imagine, but nonetheless it's something I find worthy to be shared. I doubt that helps you understand, as I don't know how to explain it to someone who doesn't enjoy it, but that's what goes through my mind when I think of kissing. I know it's ultimately a social construct, but I enjoy it still. *shrug*

• Like 1

Kissing can also stimulate erogenous zones that help create arousal and desire etc for a couple.. but talking as a romantic person the desire to kiss the person you love is an actual physical feeling, like you just want to taste and explore their mouth and do that for hours on end every day haha. Well, not everyone wants that, but many romantic people do. I don't personally understand how anyone can hug their friends or want to sit close to them, I'm very touch repulsed and would rather not have friends than risk accidentally being touched by any of them, however many people seem to think they'd go insane without that touch and social contact :o So it's just a matter of different people preferring different things really :)

I've kissed people before and never find it repulsive or anything - I enjoyed kissing with my ex-boyfriend because of the intimacy it brought, the same way I enjoyed cuddling. However kissing never aroused me or anything like that. I guess for me, kissing was just something I had to do with my bf, and I didn't mind doing it because it didn't feel gross or anything. So for me he reason I kissed my bf was because of the feeling of intimacy. It can be different for other people though, everyone has his/her own reason for kissing, or not :) 

A shard of glass

I'm very "on the fence" about kissing. The reason why is because I have a sort of phobia of saliva, it makes me feel a little sick if I get any on me... Including my own >.<

Kissing my ex was horrible because she slobbered all over me... my dog drools less >.< [Vomits sadly in Arabic]

However, kissing someone who DOESN'T slobber over me would be perfect, so I'd gladly kiss them.

Not a lot of experience with kissing though since I only kissed my ex... Though she should've been better at it since she had lots of practise behind her, and she even practised with other people -_-

• Like 5
Confused.Kitten

Kissing someone you love it's WOW... it's all about the emotional bond. It's all about the feeling. The warm feel you have after it . 

A kiss can express so much - It's a way to say "I love you", "I want you", "I dont want you to go already", "please stay", "hold me tight" ... So much.

I wish his kiss once I leave him every sunday. It's never enough. And yes , sometimes is wet , sometimes there's too much tongue, others it's just a super goofy, but it's the way it is

• Like 1
Janus the Fox

Often a kiss is just an expression of love usually, some may do so for lust within different situations and circumstances, like in a bar or night club.  I've found that a kiss is best and fulfilling in a deep longer term romantic affection for the other.  Kisses to me are still feeling more fulfilling the longer my relationship with my guy 8 months since the start of friendship became more. 

In contrast the BF is very more foreword with kisses and more right off the bat after his proclamation of love to me, including sexually, for which over time, dating is simply time to enjoy each other.  I prefer a kiss, a dry kiss, without tongues or wetness, like the closeness during cuddles.

It's the only thing I have feeling for on the occasion, which rare, often kisses along with sex, feels like nothing at all, nothing special and mostly it's for his benefit the majority of the time.  Apart from using our fetish themes when in the mood, the hypo-manic depression has been particularly blamed for by professionals in this feeling of nothingness and for the rare times of extensive fetish themes during a mood swing, this has included feeling like a girl on a small occasion.

• Like 1

Kissing is strange for me. It's not as sensational and magical as I assumed it would be because of its portrayal in movies and society in general, but I still like the feeling I get from it. I know others mentioned the bond between them and the other person and that's exactly what I feel. Kissing itself? Honestly, weird. Really weird. But the emotional connection and the moments before and after the kiss are everything to me.

• Like 1
Hermit Advocate

Kissing is overrated. I think part of the reason people think it is so great is because the media shove the concept of kissing someone you're romantically interested in to be a magical moment. I found it to be a complete waste of time and a huge turn off. Don't do it just to say you've done it. 

• Like 1