Info from Lithros and demi-romantics please

OpenAce

HI, so I identify as aro, and this is just going to be about romantic attraction.

I've had a small amount of very strong squishes. I would like to be in a relationship with the person based on platonic feelings. Some of the intensity makes it sound like a crush- but I can't stand the though of being in a relationship with them... So am I not actually aro? There's a few options that I could think of:

1. I'm aro and romance repulsed and this is just a strong squish- maybe look into a QPR

2. I'm Demi-Romantic and romance repulsed- I need to develop that connection first but am just repulsed by the idea of being in a romantic relationship

3. I'm Lithro 'caused' by my romance repulsion.

Footnote: I know I'm romance repulsed. I like the idea of relationships, just as long as I'm not it it. I'm also touch adverse and can't do any of the sensual stuff related to dating.

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

Blue Phoenix Ace

If your feelings really are crushes, then you are not aromantic. Like you, I don't have any desire for a romantic relationship. But since I have felt a few crushes in my life, I am not aromantic. Instead I consider myself grey-romantic.

Only you can truly know if it was a crush or a squish. That can be very difficult to discern though. Do you get intrusive or obsessive thoughts about the targets of your feelings? Do you replay prior casual conversations with them for the mere reason to feel warm and gooey inside? If so, then it is probably a crush. Good luck!

Yeah, thanks for the reply (also btw find your youtube channel really helpful). I'm still having issues discerning crushes and squishes. I guess I'll figure it out one day.

Archived