Can someone cheer me up?

lux aeterna

Hello everyone!

Currently I am alone, just with TV and cat and I'm actually in a good mood, mostly because one of my favorite bands of all time (Glassjaw <3) released a new single and will release a new album next week after 15 damn years. Since a few weeks I am just thinking about that I would like to have someone by my side again. Right now I would just like to write with someone and ask how their week was and what their plans for the weekend are.  So, what are you doing all this weekend? :P

You know, just a bit of outside validation or knowing that I am in someones mind, that would already be enough. I started going out more often again, tomorrow I will meet some friends to go out, next month I will attend two concerts and we'll have a funny christmas party at work, but somehow I never get to meet anyone interesting. Sigh :P

Feel free to cheer me up and tell me about yourselves :D

Hi. :) I have no plans for the weekend, as usual. I'll just be spending time on the Internet and working on my online courses. I hope you enjoy the concerts and the album.

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

Hellooooooooo!! :D

I have a really important question for anyone that would like to answer; If you were a mer-person and you had an animal sidekick, what kind of sea creature would you have?

1 minute ago, Happy-Octopus said:

Hellooooooooo!! :D

I have a really important question for anyone that would like to answer; If you were a mer-person and you had an animal sidekick, what kind of sea creature would you have?

Actually an octopus, because than I could slap 8 people at once.

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

Hey that's actually a pretty good answer. I said a pufferfish so on the off chance a ship lands on you, the pufferfish can just wiggle under and puff out, so you can both escape. :lol:

Hey that's actually a pretty good answer. I said a pufferfish so on the off chance a ship lands on you, the pufferfish can just wiggle under and puff out, so you can both escape. :lol:

That is also preeeeetty smart!

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs
12 minutes ago, lux aeterna said:

That is also preeeeetty smart!

Sorry, I couldn't help but notice that your location is fledermausland? That's Batland in german right? What's that about?

Just now, Happy-Octopus said:

Sorry, I couldn't help but notice that your location is fledermausland? That's Batland in german right? What's that about?

:D that is the german translation from that glorious scene in fear and loathing in las vegas. "we can't stop here. it's bat country."

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs
12 minutes ago, lux aeterna said:

:D that is the german translation from that glorious scene in fear and loathing in las vegas. "we can't stop here. it's bat country."

Huh. I haven't heard of that before, but after a quick google search that looks pretty cool. :lol:

Are you german then?

Huh. I haven't heard of that before, but after a quick google search that looks pretty cool. :lol:

Are you german then?

Yes, I am. It is a really good movie :)

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

That's awesome, I'm taking german as a class right now. Do you like it there? What's something weird that only you guys do? 

9 minutes ago, Happy-Octopus said:

That's awesome, I'm taking german as a class right now. Do you like it there? What's something weird that only you guys do? 

Haha, you are tough as nails. German is such a complicated language. Where are you from?

It is okay here, I would more like to live somewhere in Scandinavia. Politics are shit, at least we have universal healthcare.

We are all weird :P we eat our fries with mayonnaise and people still love to pay with cash. Everyone is so afraid the internet will take all of their money :P

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

I'm from the US, and yes it is oh my god. This is my third year and a toddler could speak better german than me. 

Fries with mayonnaise? That is weird. We always eat french fries with ranch, but I think that's just a midwestern thing. And yah, my dad always says cash is king. 8)

Do you live in the city or a more rural area? I have a friend who moved to where I live from a big city, and I was shocked to discover that it was the first time she had seen a cow/chicken/pig in real life. 

9 minutes ago, Happy-Octopus said:

I'm from the US, and yes it is oh my god. This is my third year and a toddler could speak better german than me. 

Fries with mayonnaise? That is weird. We always eat french fries with ranch, but I think that's just a midwestern thing. And yah, my dad always says cash is king. 8)

Do you live in the city or a more rural area? I have a friend who moved to where I live from a big city, and I was shocked to discover that it was the first time she had seen a cow/chicken/pig in real life. 

No, you have to imagine that there is always a countryside and downtown in one city, you never only have big city or your farm, you can always have both. In an hour I would be in the Netherlands and in two hours I would be in Belgium. That is one point I find really sad about the states; that it takes you a plane or a car drive for a day to see something else. You should try fries with mayonnaise and onions. That is a national treasure in the Netherlands. :D

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

It's so crazy to me that you can drive to a different country. You can drive for 7 hours and still be in my STATE. I've only been out of the country once. And I don't actually like mayonnaise... :ph34r:

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs
28 minutes ago, chandrakirti said:

..or fries with gravy....

Okay... I can't tell if that would be disgusting or fantastic...

1 hour ago, Happy-Octopus said:

Okay... I can't tell if that would be disgusting or fantastic...

Fantastic!!!

I like French dressing on pizza, egg nog in coffee, Funyuns in broccoli cheese soup, shredded cheddar on sloppy joes, and Spam with scrambled eggs. It's all kind of weird, but pleasantly delicious.

Archived