A Romantic Orientations Poll

The_Reluctant_Dragon

What is your romantic orientation?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Here are some options:

• Aromantic- lacking romantic attraction
    • Heteroromantic- romantic attraction towards the opposite sex
    • Homoromantic- romantic attraction towards the same sex
    • Panromantic/Omniromantic- romantic attraction to anyone regardless of gender
    • Biromantic/Ambiromantic- romantic attraction towards two genders
    • Polyromantic/Multiromantic- romantic attraction towards multiple genders
    • Demiromantic- romantic attraction felt until a strong bond is made
    • Frayromantic- romantic attraction is felt if a strong bond isn’t made
    • Grayromantic- limited amount of romantic attraction is felt
    • Lamvanoromantic- wanting to receive romantic acts but totally okay with never giving it in return
    • Placioromantic- not wanting to do romantic things to someone but does those romantic things anyways
    • Akoiromantic/Lithromantic- feeling romantic attraction and not wanting those feelings to be reciprocated
    • Quiromantic/WTFromantic- having difficulty understanding different attractions
    • Autoromantic- feeling romantic attraction towards oneself
    • Maromantic/Androromantic/Phalloromantic- romantic attraction towards males and/or masculinity
    • Womaromantic/Gyneromantic/Yoniromantic- romantic attraction towards females and/or femininity
    • Nomaromantic/Noandroromantic/Nophalloromantic- romantic attractions toward anyone who isn’t male or masculine
    • Nowomaromantic/Nogyneromantic/Noyoniromantic- romantic attraction towards anyone who isn’t female or feminine
    • Chameleoromantic- a person who is romantically versatile when it comes to the gender of their partner(s)
    • Other
  2. 2. Here are more options:

• Sapioromantic- romantic attraction towards intelligence
    • Skolioromantic/Ceteroromantic- romantic attraction towards non-binary, genderqueer, and non-conforming people
    • Triromantic- romantic attraction towards three genders
    • Monoromantic- romantic attraction towards one single gender
    • Tryromantic- feeling romantic attraction to someone but willing to experiment with another
    • Reciproromantic- only feeling romantic attraction once realizing someone feels romantic attraction towards them
    • Requiesromantic- not feeling romantic attraction due to past experienced trauma
    • Androgyneromantic- romantic attraction towards androgynes or androgyny
    • Noandrogyneromantic- romantic attraction towards anyone who isn’t an androgyne or who isn’t androgynous
    • Vexromantic- not understanding the concept of romantic attraction
    • Bellusromantic- not feeling romantic attraction and is repulsed, but, are okay with doing behaviors traditionally associated with romantic attraction
    • Borearomantic- having exceptions to your usual orientation
    • Caligoromantic- feeling romantic attraction that is very weak or vague
    • Cupioromantic- not feeling romantic attraction but wanting a romantic relationship
    • Already Picked An Option Above
    • Other
  3. 3. Here are even more options

• Dissociatromantic- someone who dissociates regularly while engaging in romantic activities
    • Apothiromantic- an aromantic who is romance repulsed
    • Pothiromantic- an aromantic who is romance positive
    • Abroromantic- one who’s romantic orientation constantly changes and fluncuates.
    • Idemromantic- feeling romantic and platonic feelings in the same way
    • Idioromantic- feeling romantic and sexual feelings in the same way
    • Neuroromantic- romantic attraction towards people who lack gender
    • Specioromantic- romantically attracted to individual traits regardless of gender traits
    • Sansromantic- without any consistent romantic orientation or preference
    • Noviromantic-experiencing a complicated romantic attraction
    • Apresromantic- only feels romantic attraction after another form of attraction is felt
    • Thymromantic- feeling romantic attraction which varies depending on emotional state
    • Novoromantic- your attraction changes based on the gender(s) you’re experiencing
    • Aegoromantic/Autochorrisromantic- fantasizing about romance or romantic things, but never wanting to do those things or experience those things in real life
    • Ceaseromantic- similar to aroflux, arospike, and arofluid (look down below)
    • Desinoromantic-one who doesn’t experience full-on romantic attraction
    • Other
  4. 4. A couple more options:

• Proquuromantic- romantic attraction towards masculine people when you’re masculine
    • Proquaromantic- romantic attraction towards feminine people when you are feminine
    • Aliquaromantic- not normally feeling romantic attraction
    • Amicusromantic/ Culparomantic- romantically attracted to people you’re platonically attracted to
    • Finromantic- attracted to femme identifying people
    • Fictoromantic-romantically attracted to fictional characters
    • Fantaromantic-romantically attracted to people you fantasize about
    • Intraromantic- romantically attracted to someone with similar systems and traits as you
    • Icularomantic-being aromantic but open to romance
    • Duoromantic-having two romantic orientations that change between each other
    • Casromantic/Medromantic- being indifferent towards romance
    • Antiromantic- being against romance entirely
    • Penulromantic- feeling romantic attraction towards every gender except your own
    • Polarromantic-feeling either extreme attraction or intense repulsion
    • Preromantic- someone who thinks since they haven’t experienced enough attraction, they can’t know their orientation
    • Spectraromantic- romantically attracted to someone who falls in a spectrum of identities and labels
    • Questioning Your Romantic Orientation
    • Compound Orientation
    • Other

arekathevampyre

aromantic , apothiromantic , panaesthetic (made this up myself - aesthetic attraction to all genders , not romantic) 

in plain words :

- not into romance (romance repulsed) and aesthetically attracted to anyone of any gender but platonic :)

Space-Ace-Android

I am not sure what I am. Those were a lot of terms! I stopped reading partway because I was about to experience a brain malfunction :P I am young so I shall give it time.

Cake anyone?

Image result for Gif cake

Homoromantic, but I'm in the gray area it seems.

tenor.gif?itemid=4834058
Holy fuck!  Who pulled all those unnecessary labels out of their arse?
Most of those aren’t even orientations and some are commitment or other psychological issues. This is extremely ridiculous and I doubt that this will ever be acknowledged. 

I'm in the process of questioning, but methinks I'm gray/demi-panromantic.  At least that seems to make the most sense based on how I feel in my current relationship, which my partner thankfully shares and understands because the fuck if I know fam  

J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, Santa's Little Elf said:

I'll choose Neroromantic then :P:blush: 

Whoa! This looks like label-mart XD

XD <3

I chose both multi/polyromantic and triromantic because I have been attracted to boys, girls, and non binary/androgynes romantically before.

I choose to call myself biromantic because I have noticed that when people hear multi or poly, they tend to think of more than one person at the same time, and I don't want that misconception. And I'm not panromantic... Biromantic is just simpler and more widely understood.

I had never heard triromantic, but maybe I'll think about that one.

I guess I'm kind of sapioromantic too, because I'm only attracted to intelligent people... But I don't identify as that.

There's so many labels. xD

(speaking as a member, not as a mod)

This is sad. The OP has made a poll that has tried as best as possible to include everyone, and they have faced judgment because people whom those labels don't even apply to feel they are unnecessary. Is this really the way to create a loving, accepting community - to judge people who use terms you don't understand? There are more important problems in the world than this. 

57 minutes ago, TheAP said:

(speaking as a member, not as a mod)

This is sad. The OP has made a poll that has tried as best as possible to include everyone, and they have faced judgment because people whom those labels don't even apply to feel they are unnecessary. Is this really the way to create a loving, accepting community - to judge people who use terms you don't understand? There are more important problems in the world than this. 

What are you talking about? People are responding with their romantic orientations as the OP asked, nobody is judging them they're only commenting on the large amount of labels.There really is nothing wrong with that.

Realized i forgot mine 

Objectum Aro Ace here.

J. van Deijck

based on this, I am also probably technoromantic to some extent because the idea of dating a robot feels quite appealing. but I don't think it's 100% necessary :x

hmm I just can't seem to find one that suits me. I feel romantic towards trees on a Tuesday.:blink:

Apparently that would be dendro-tȳsdagromantic I have it on good authority.

That list was impressive!

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
7 minutes ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

based on this, I am also probably technoromantic to some extent because the idea of dating a robot feels quite appealing. but I don't think it's 100% necessary :x

Hey bro..your comment just gave me some new inspirational thoughts here...maybe I should identify myself as primarily aug-romantic..since me & my mate are both augmented *loool* And the lists just keeps growing and growing and growing with exotic terms now :D 

13 minutes ago, TheAP said:

and they have faced judgment because people whom those labels don't even apply to feel they are unnecessary.

If you’re referring to me here I didn’t judge the OP nor was I even talking about the OP. And I don't have seen anyone else judging them either.

1 hour ago, Antihero. said:

If you’re referring to me here I didn’t judge the OP nor was I even talking about the OP. And I don't have seen anyone else judging them either.

I know. It's just not necessary to criticize the labels when the OP was just trying to be inclusive of everyone.

To Each Their Own

I’m aromantic. I don’t think I need a different label to say that I am also repulsed by romance. 

Likewise, I’m asexual. I don’t also need a different label to say that I am repulsed by sex. 

4 hours ago, Antihero. said:
6 hours ago, Antihero. said:

Holy fuck!  Who pulled all those unnecessary labels out of their arse?
Most of those aren’t even orientations and some are commitment or other psychological issues. This is extremely ridiculous and I doubt that this will ever be acknowledged. 

It was pretty easy to read what a few people wrote as invalidating and insulting, and kind of hard to understand some of what you wrote in a way that isn't at least accusatory.

5 hours ago, TheAP said:

I know. 

Why did you say that the OP faced judgment if you knew they didn’t then? That doesn’t make much sense to me.

1 hour ago, apatrickwsu said:

It was pretty easy to read what a few people wrote as invalidating and insulting, and kind of hard to understand some of what you wrote in a way that isn't at least accusatory.

Where in my post am I accusing the OP of anything and of what? There are no accusations made. I simply stated my opinion regarding those dozens of made up labels. You are free to disagree of course but I think that falsely accusing me of accusing and judging the OP while my post was neither directed to nor talking about them at all is not constructive in anyway.

6 hours ago, apatrickwsu said:

4 hours ago, Antihero. said:

Where in my post am I accusing the OP of anything and of what? There are no accusations made.

You didn't accuse the OP of anything outright, and I never said you did. I read what you wrote as accusing anyone who has romantic orientations you aren't familiar with as being mentally ill, that is how I tend to read "psychological issues" if not as an insult

kimhasapetfish

Aegoromantic/Autochorrisromantic- fantasizing about romance or romantic things, but never wanting to do those things or experience those things in real life.

They are really long words, but I think it sums me up nicely.

6 hours ago, apatrickwsu said:

You didn't accuse the OP of anything outright, and I never said you did. I read what you wrote as accusing anyone who has romantic orientations you aren't familiar with as being mentally ill, that is how I tend to read "psychological issues" if not as an insult

If that’s what you’re saying I don’t see why you referenced your stand and disagreement to what I wrote in return to a post where someone claimed I judged the OP.

That “psychological issues” are an insult and a taboo thing to say now too is new to me! Am I under arrest by the PC police now? 
You’re interpreting what I wrote how you want to perceive it, as insulting. I didn’t insult anyone though I just pointed something out. 

Beside that I didn’t say all of those made up ridiculous terms that stink of Tumblr are commitment or other psychological issues, I said some of them are! That’s a difference. There also is a difference between having an issue of psychological nature and being mentally ill. I didn't use that term and didn't say nor suggest any of that was a mental illness, you just made that up. 

As for you saying that I invalidate those terms that might be true because many if not most of them aren’t legit romantic orientations. That doesn’t mean that people don’t experience those feelings or act like this, there probably are people who actually do, but that doesn’t make those acts and feelings romantic or sexual ORIENTATIONS.

NerotheReaper

Please remember while there might be labels you find strange or unusual, this does not mean the label itself or those who identify are wrong. 

On 11/24/2017 at 8:22 AM, Homer said:

It's also worth noting that there is no such thing as an "aromantic spectrum". Being aromantic is one extreme end of the romantic spectrum. Either you don't experience romantic attraction, ever, at all, which means that you're aromantic. Or you do, no matter how often or under which circumstances, which means that you're not aromantic. Being aromantic is a point, not a spectrum.

I'd disagree that it's so simple an either/or binary as it might at first seem. Reading the experiences here of people identifying (like myself) as aromantic, I often find similarities to my own experience. However, I also find entirely different approaches and perspectives to what's important in defining people's identities --- things that are not "wrong," or inconsistent with a reasonable definition of "aromanticism," but radically different from my own thoughts. Look closely enough, and and the "point" of aromanticism fuzzes into millions of points of individual identities, no two mathematically identical. Hence the proliferation of labels, as people find those individual nuances of meaning in what may look like an indivisible point from a distance, but a vast expanse when you're living in the middle of it.

1 minute ago, praetorius said:

I'd disagree that it's so simple an either/or binary as it might at first seem.

"Does not experience romantic attraction". Pretty binary. Either you do at some point or you don't.

Archived