I Have Tons and Tons of Questions

The_Reluctant_Dragon

The_Reluctant_Dragon

Let’s talk about Queer Platonic Relationships (QPRs) 

Ever since I figured out I was aromantic, I began to wonder if I was always going to be alone. People who were romantic and had crushes, had a chance to be boyfriend or girlfriend with someone in a romantic relationship. I would have squishes all the time, but, I wanted to expand, and be in a relationship that was strong, but, only platonic. I was already asexual, so being aroace and wanting strong platonic relationships with people seemed incomprehensible. I thought no one would want that. I didn’t want to be alone though. I never desired sex or romance, but, I wanted something more then just family and friends. Then, I figured out what a QPR was, and everything clicked. That is what I wanted. And, I still desire to be in this kind of relationship, where I’m close to someone, without the sex or romance. But, I still have some questions...

-What do you call your partner in a QPR? (I’ve heard that they’re called zucchini’s, but, I want to make sure.)

-Can a QPR be polyamorous, as in, more than one partner in the relationship/ having multiple QPRs?

-Can someone who isn’t aromantic/arospec be part of the relationship?

-Can you be asexual/acespec and be part of the relationship?

-How do you ask someone to be in a QPR with you? (Do you just say, “Hey, would you like to be in a relationship with me without sex or romance, but, be more than just friends?” Or, “Hey, would you like to be my partner in a very strong platonic relationship without sex or romance?” I just want to know, just in case I want to ask someone.)

-Are there other names for Queer Platonic Relationships, just in case a partner isn’t queer or identifies with the label? (I’ve heard of Quasi Platonic and Quirky Platonic, but, still want to make sure.)

Well, I'm not an expert, but Ill try.

1. Zucchini, SO, Platonic Life Partner, there are a fair few.
  2. Definitely.
  3. Yes
  4. However you feel most comfortable asking someone.
  5. I've heard Quaziplatonic used before.

The_Reluctant_Dragon
23 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Well, I'm not an expert, but Ill try.

1. Zucchini, SO, Platonic Life Partner, there are a fair few.
  2. Definitely.
  3. Yes
  4. However you feel most comfortable asking someone.
  5. I've heard Quaziplatonic used before.

Thank you so much! Great help

Archived