Too young

Hello AVEN community, I was wondering if I am too young to start thinking about my sexuality and if I am ace or not? I'm 15 and I was just curious to know if I'm too young to start saying I'm asexual.

• Like 2

Hmmm, well it depends on the person, but a lot of people have taken up the label around 15/16 (like me) because we know what we feel or rather we don't feel, and know that we'll probably not feel sexual attraction in the future. It may not be permanent but you can take up the label if that's what you think best describes you.

• Like 3
arekathevampyre

I have always felt like an asexual but only came to identify as asexual officially at around 18 . No problems . Never too early or too late for stuff like sexuality . It's fluid . 

• Like 2

I started identifying as ace at 15. It's not like you're stuck with a lable forever if it turns out not to be the right one.

• Like 3

Sounds like you already are thinking about your sexuality, which means you're old enough to

Nobody has the right to tell you what you are or aren't, or what age your view of yourself starts to matter

Your views and feelings may change, but right now they're valid - as they always have been, so make the call that feels right for you.

FYI, when I was 13 I sort of realised that something was different about me - though in the mid 90s, asexuality was not really a known thing. I didn't identify as ace until a few years ago when I was in my late 20s. My feelings at 13 were very valid - though I didn't understand them due to everybody being assumed absolutely hetero at the time.

You're asexual if that's what you identify as - and nobody can tell you otherwise :)

• Like 2

If I had known about asexuality when I was 15, I would’ve likely identified at such. I was never actively interested in romance and sex, and my friends and I noted that it was odd that I never dated or even just commented on whether I found someone attractive. We joked that one day I’d suddenly split into two identical organisms to reproduce. So, I don’t think 15 is “too young.”

• Like 2
Space-Ace-Android

You can identify as ace whenever it feels right for you :3 Labels are fluid, so you are not stuck with anything you don't want.

:cake:CAKE:cake:

Image result for Scale cake

Now go off and ace the world!

• Like 2
tobi.is.a.gross.nerd
On 23/11/2017 at 1:53 AM, spACEboi said:

Hello AVEN community, I was wondering if I am too young to start thinking about my sexuality and if I am ace or not? I'm 15 and I was just curious to know if I'm too young to start saying I'm asexual.

I don't think you're too young at all. I started labeling myself asexual at 14. You very well could be asexual. And if you feel like this is you then it probably is. In my person experience I'd say your gut feeling is what you go with.

And later in life if you feel yourself gaining a sex drive then don't feel bad about having labeled yourself as asexual. Sexuality is a fluid thing, and some people are more fluid than others. 

So no you're not too young. You've got this 👍

I don't think you are too young to think about your sexuality. If you are asexual, then nothing wrong as identifying yourself as such. You can know a lot about asexuality on this forum. I hope that will help you.

People assume that all kids are straight, so I don't think anyone should tell you that you're too young to think about this stuff. I'd say that 15 certainly isn't too young, I wish I knew what was going on when I was 15. If 'asexual' feels right to you, then go ahead and claim that label. 

I had hardly any desire for sex with another person for all of my adult life. When I was a teenager, I thought my guy friends were all in some sort of a trance. 

You're at a point in life when guys are typically in their so-called "prime" in that regard, so there's nothing wrong with wondering which label suits you the best.

That's the excuse I used when I was younger and everyone else was talking about relation-ships and stuff. I found out about Asexuality when I was your age, and it really hit me hard at first, but I didn't really hold onto the title until I was almost 18 when I was for sure not too young. There is a chance you are a 'late bloomer' as they like to put it, but I think by 15 if you really have no sexual desire then it's a pretty safe bet, some know their sexual preferences by 8/9 and most in the pre-teen ages. Regardless, if it makes you feel better you can identify as ace until your comfortable with something else if you ever want.