Rant about sex

spACEboi

It depends on the person, I guess. Many people enjoy the physical aspect of things, and need to feel something physically in order to feel something emotionally, and I think that's how many of us aces (aro or not) differ. We can be happy based on things we see, hear, read, and what not that the idea of sex isn't at all needed. I usually tend to be slightly baffled on how someone feels like they need sex to be happy, it seems really bizarre to me, but of course that's just me

We as a species need sex as a whole to continue the advancement of the population of course, but personally I don't really think it's necessary for happiness, for me at least. I tend to get annoyed with media and it's constant shoving of sex in our faces, and I honestly feel like sex is something of a selfish act. Like, you're doing it for the sake of feeling good at the expense of another person, regardless of the justification. The act alone is something I never wanted to do because of this, and besides it seems like it would be a chore, stink to high heaven, and by the end it'll leave you in need of a shower; who needs that when you already have enough of that in you normal life anyways? That, and I've always been so focused on other things that make me that sex seemed irrelevant to me.

That's just one aces opinion.

11 hours ago, CallaWolf said:

I honestly feel like sex is something of a selfish act. Like, you're doing it for the sake of feeling good at the expense of another person, regardless of the justification. 

In a relationship between sexuals, it's not at the expense of the other person. Both of you want it and enjoy it, and the pleasure is mutual and shared because you both know that. 

Archived