I'm Really Confused

Ace Of Cake29

Ace Of Cake29

I've been identifying as asexual for over a month and I'm unsure if I'm a romantic asexual or a grey-romantic asexual.

I've never dated, never wanted to date and want to it to stay that way. I don't see the point in romantic relationships; friendships are better. I have had a crush (or squish, whatever) in a romantic way but never sexual. Another time I just liked the way they looked, but no romantic attachments. I never wanted to get married or have kids (I always wanted to adopt). I've never wanted a boyfriend. Why would you bother seeking love when there are better things to do like read and eat cake? :cake: :cake: It seems like a waste of time and relationships ALWAYS end.

Thing is, I can experience romantic attraction. Not very often. I've only had romantic feelings for one person in 15 years of life (boybands and fictional characters don't count). I don't want to pursue a relationship or be in one, but this will inevitably will be complicated by the fact that I can develop feelings for someone.

Currently I'm identifying as grey-romantic, and leaning towards hetero-romantic, but what do you think? 

Hi! I don't know if I'll be much help, but I'll try! So, here's my experience as an asexual heteromantic: I've gotten crushes on people since I was about 10 years old. I've pretty much always wanted a romantic relationship (minus the sex stuff), and I was so happy when I was a part of one. I love feeling that connection with someone, and all the cheesy stuff people say and do when they like each other as well. And I know that I want to be in a monogamous long-term relationship/get married in the future (although, same, I don't want kids). 

Anyway, that's just my experience, and everyone's is different, but maybe it can help you in figuring out how you feel regarding romantic relationships. Whichever label feels more comfortable for you to use, then go with it! And if you later identify with something else, then that's okay too! 

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

Archived