Painfully Slow Epiphany

WeCanBeHeroes

WeCanBeHeroes

Hi!

Okay...so lightbulb moment I guess. Early thirties in the London area and suddenly realised I'm not the weirdo that doesn't date. Generally pushed anyone away who made any sort of advance because I realised where it would eventually lead and that's not what I wanted in a relationship.  Assumed that others wouldn't understand, but you've been hiding here all along! Spent a long time questioning who or what I was. Or ignoring it and hoping it would sort itself out (now realising it doesn't). Thought I'd take a more proactive approach, although still confused by the myriad of terminology out there. Generally think its a working progress, but hey, "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step", right?

I'd like to say hi and a thank you to everyone for taking that first step and sharing their stories - they've been a big help to some of us trying to figure everything out. Especially when you suddenly realise other people think the same way!

Thanks!

wow no one has posted any cake for you yet, hope you're not too hungry. 

don't get too confused with the terminology, you won't ever use like half of it :lol: 

Bildergebnis für cupcake

WeCanBeHeroes

Hi Fish.

Thank you for the cake! It looks amazing.

Excellent news about the terminology too, that's good to know.

Love your picture - it's so cool.

Welcome! I was like you too and was so relieved when I found this place and these people!

The best cake I can do is :cake: - enjoy! :D

Space-Ace-Android

It is wonderful you realized yourself and congratulations on finding this forum!

:cake:Have some cake:cake:

Image result for cool cake

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

WeCanBeHeroes

Dear all,

Thank you all for your warm welcome. The cakes have made me exceptionally hungry!

I shall indeed look through the guides, there's something new to find everyday.

Thanks again.

Archived