Coming out to an anti lgbt+ family

A person That is real

A person That is real

So my family is super against me being anything but straight and so for the longest time I thought I was straight so I didnt have to worry about it. Then I found out I was Ace and I was like shit. Ok, its fine I dont have to come out. So now I am questioning whether or not I am Biromantic so what do I do if I end up dating some whos the same sex as međŸ˜„đŸ˜„đŸ˜„đŸ˜­đŸ˜­

Confused.Kitten

You go against the rules and talk about your relationship. If you love someone you'll want to share it , won't you? 

And that's totally okay :3

Do you think it's safe to come out to them? I don't know your family and they may not react too badly, but with some anti-LGBT families there is the risk of being kicked out or 'treated' (to name a few possibilities). I don't want to scare you but if there's a realistic chance of something like this happening and you're still dependent on them (I don't know how old you are) then it's better to prioritise safety and wait until you're able to move out. Of course, there's also the possibility that they'll take no action other than disapproving. Use your best judgement, as you'll know more about your situation than anyone else here.

The_Reluctant_Dragon

I can relate. My family is pretty uncomfortable with me being aroace. And, if I mentioned my gender, I would die. They would literally disown me, kill me, and eat me (Just kidding about the eating, they’re not canibles). So, just, wow. I’m sorry they’re like that. I hope the best for you. If you want to come out but you think they won’t be accepting or you won’t be safe, don’t come out. Sorry, but that’s the sad truth. Just try to hold on through this. If you do start dating someone of the same sex, since you’re biromantic, try keeping it secret, or lie and tell your family it’s a close friend. I don’t know what to say. If you do come out, and it goes badly, just try to stay at a friends house. Good luck. Hope things go well, and hope you’re safe.

I have the literally the same problem. Well, as far as you described it.

I grew up very religious, we never really talk about sexuality (or sex, for goodness sake. "Don't do it until you're married" and so on...). There was never really any other thing to be than straight.

Didn't question it, until I moved out and started reading up on sexualities. And now I'm here, gray-A and most likely biromantic (still questioning about that one).

I don't think my family would take it too well if I brought a girl home and introduced her as my girlfriend.

For me, I don't know if I'll come out to them or not. It would be safe for me, I think, my parents are not the kind to do really drastic things. Still, I don't want to have that talk with them (I know, it's probably not as hard for me as it would be for others. Though it wouldn't be pleasant.) I don't know if I should hope to never fall in love with a girl, because then I wouldn't have to tell.

Would it be safe for you to come out? You're the one that knows your family, and can judge best how they might react.

• 2 weeks later...
A person That is real

Thanks everyone for the advice its really helping!!!🎂😁😁😁

Archived