Do you want to have children?

Reyna

1 minute ago, arekathevampyre said:

ooh interesting !!

So basically $1=$5.

9 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

ooh interesting !!

Basically for every $1 I contribute, they contribute $4.  They also allow my brother to contribute which they each match.  We have always wanted to tell a child when they were of college age "don't worry about the money."  I take the job of sponsor very seriously and her success is my first priority.

It's a big deal because me and my sister are both on the ace spectrum, and don't expect to have kids.  My sister also wants to sponsor our neice, but she's in college now and is pretty broke, but we have an extremely close extended family traditionally, and didn't expect to only have one or two children carrying the line, which is why they are such a big deal.

In perspective my mother quit drinking when she heard that she would be a grandmother, and she is an advanced alcoholic with liver damage so she could be around longer for her granddaughter.

3 hours ago, doggalogga said:

Road infrastructure and public transport are both falling behind with the massive increase in population over the past 20 years

That is happening in New York and mega cities in China, I think. But mostly due to people moving into urban areas because big cities have more resources, open minds, and job opportunities. Rural areas can't keep up and are losing young people...

• 2 weeks later...

No, I don't want to have children.  I realized that when I was 8, at the same time I realized I never wanted to get married because that involves sex (as far as I knew).  I am not as anti-sex as I used to be and I might consider getting married with the right guy.  Problem is meeting Mr. Right who actually is right!    

At this point in time, I don't think I'll ever want to have children. I'm open to that changing, but my options would be adoption or being a foster parent, because I'm not pushing a baby out of my body. Still, I don't think I'll ever have kids, which I feel guilty about because my parents want grandchildren.

at the moment i have zero plans on ever getting married, im considering a friendship marriage but wouldnt do the do. I dont really want biological children either. However i am considering adopting maybe. Im not sure. 

If you're worried about the child in a single parent home, yu could always do a sort of communal raising with your friends and family. Obviously you would be the parent, but theres nothing wrong with accepting a little help if you think you need it. Your friends could be "aunts" or "uncles" to the child. I don't think theres anything wrong with single parenting, so long as the child is loved and supported, thats all that really matters. :)

(sorry if I overstepped any boundaries)

Hermit Advocate

No children for me. 

Archived