Demisexuality and Asexuality

Spades&Hearts

Spades&Hearts

Hey guys, so recently I've been thinking about some things. In many of my posts and in my bio I have mentioned that I am sex-repulsed and that this one guy who I had kissed made me feel so repulsed and grossed out. Recently, however, I have had feelings that I can only describe as sexual desire and arousal. These feelings are rather new to me and very unusual to feel around another person, as I have never really felt this before around another person in my life. Sure, I've had the occasional thought about celebrities here and there, but they are not people I would ever actually encounter in life. I've also never really had dreams or fantasies about people in any sexual manner before. The only time I have ever felt any form of sexual arousal is when reading fanfiction sometimes. The arousal feels good, however, it is also easy to control and ignore when reading. Now, for the first time, I have felt sexual desire in my life, which I hadn't thought was possible. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still very repulsed by the idea of sex and seeing genitalia, however, there is also this part of me that feels this arousal and wonders if I truly trust a person that I would try and probably even enjoy what I'm doing. With someone I really trust, I feel like I would want to try because I know them so well as a friend first. Does this make sense to anyone? I feel like there's probably a better way to describe this. Would this be classified as demisexuality? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Spades&Hearts,

demisexuality sounds like a good label for what you describe.