Research Participation Request: Attitudes towards Asexuality: Developing a Psychometric Scale

Sea Lemon

My name is Sinead Kelleher and I am a final year student of BA(Hons)Applied Psychology in University College Cork, Ireland.

I am currently completing my final year thesis and wish to develop a psychometric scale to assess attitudes towards asexuality. For the initial stage of data collection I am required to gather information regarding attitudes towards asexuality.

I am writing to request the participation of an asexual individual from your community. Is it possible to obtain a written document regarding the experience of asexuality and response from others through the perspective of an asexual individual?

If you wish to participate, the dropbox link to share to, and the attached message are below.

To whom it may concern, Thank you for taking part in my thesis study regarding the development of a psychometric scale to assess attitudes towards asexuality. If you would like to share your thoughts and opinions of your experience with asexuality, feel free to do so by sharing to this drop box account. Regards, Sinead Kelleher BA(Hons) of The School of Applied Psychology, University College Cork

Dropbox account is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2bv70ejy70yeqtz/AAAc6Ph1hhB6YsWsUBP1dQIUa?dl=0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This research request has been approved by the Research Approval Board for advertising on AVEN.

sea-lemon 

Dedicated Research Contact

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I believe I shared mine properly, is there a way to know if they got it or not?

Sinead kelleher

Hello,

This is Sinead Head of the psychometric development for asexuality. 

I am delighted that you have attempted to submit a document however, I fear the link may not be working properly.

My email address is 115495478@umail.ucc.ie 

If you would like to email me I can add you to my drop box account and you will be able to add the document then.

Sincerest regards,

Sinead

Sinead kelleher

Hi everyone!

My name is Sinead Kelleher and I am currently undertaking final year studies in University College Cork, School of Applied Psychology. For my thesis I am attempting to develop a psychometric scale to assess attitudes towards asexuality. I am completing this thesis in the hope of furthering scientific literature in the area of asexuality and raising awareness. As already posted on this website, I am asking people to take part in this thesis by providing a written account of their experiences of identifying as asexual.

If you are interested in taking part in my study my email address is 115495478@umail.ucc.ie

I can assure you of all ethical considerations which have been approved by AVEN's ethics committee and UCC's ethics committee.

Best wishes,

Sinead 

(My email will be coming much later in the day due to school, I hope I can contribute in time! I'd really love to be apart of this!) 

My timezone is the eastern time zone so I'll be sending my email at around 5:00 pm-ish over here. I hope that there is no deadline to sending this email! 

LadyWallflower

I'm currently in the "closet." Does this mean my testimony won't aid you in your project?

• 3 months later...

What do you want to know?  - BTW your Dropbox doesn't work for me - but I am a technophobe so things tend to not work where I'm concerned.

• 2 weeks later...
anjanandromeda

Hello Sinead, 

I would love to be a part of this exercise. Are you still looking for responses or have you already moved on to the research and analysis? If so. I would love to have a chat with you about the current state of your project as well! As a researcher myself, the subject quite fascinates me. 

Archived