Hi i have no idea what i am doing

Rhia

I have basically worked out that i might be asexual in the last two hours on this site, all because i found out that asexuality can cover those without the desire to have sex with others but still find them attractive. The people in my imagination are the only ones i want any sexual interaction with. I am 20 and have for years told myself that one day i will want to have sex with others and been disappointment everyday that i was not i even forced my self into sexual situations that i did not enjoy in hopes that it would awaken something in me. I'm still not 100% on what my sexuality is but this site is making me feel like i'm not broken that its not my fault that i don't want to have sex. So thank-you for all of you who have posted ran and moderated because i have felt better in the last two hours than i have in years since puberty maybe. I'm sorry if i have mucked this up at all.  

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Welcome! Asexuality simply a lack of sexual attraction towards others, and as long as you don't fantasise about a specific person, then by all means you could very well be ace :) 

Shadowstepper
7 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! Asexuality simply a lack of sexual attraction towards others, and as long as you don't fantasise about a specific person, then by all means you could very well be ace :) 

Agreed. Whenever I have fantasies, the people in them are faceless and nondescript

26 minutes ago, Shadowstepper said:

Agreed. Whenever I have fantasies, the people in them are faceless and nondescript

That's quite common amount asexuals, and it usually exists when you have a libido but no sexual attraction. :) 

4 hours ago, Shadowstepper said:

Whenever I have fantasies, the people in them are faceless and nondescript

I've never thought about it in those terms before but that is incredible accurate way to describe it thanks 

For me, it always been.... null.

I can make and hold friendships with anyone. But I've never felt the tug of a sexual attraction. Yet, I admire the beauty in the female form - I just don't wanna have sex with her, lol.

Archived