• Announcements

• Kelly

New Team members Needed--Moderator, Project Team, and Declass Team: Voting   12/10/13

See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164659-new-declass-team-member-needed-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164657-new-moderator-member-needed-qa-co-mod-and-world-watch-mod-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164656-new-project-team-member-needed-resources-and-education-director-voting/  
    • Kelly

AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Lady Girl

Ace Community Census   11/06/17

It’s time for the 2017 Ace Community Census!   see:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162675-announcing-the-2017-ace-community-census/  
    • Heart

Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  
will123

Masturbation and Older Males

will123

I'm 56 and have a question for older males that masturbate. I'm 56 and have noticed that since my late 40s, the distance my ejaculate is propelled and the volume has diminished. Up to my early 40s, if I was reclining, my ejaculate would land on my upper chest. Now it's propelled only a few inches from my penis. As far as I can tell My body is still producing the same number of ejaculations.

Up until my late 30s and early 40s I was probably masturbating two or three times on a daily basis. Obviously the amount would decrease slightly by the end of the day. Since my late 40s, I've masturbated once every other day. I've gone a week without masturbating and while the volume increased the next time, the distance didn't really increase.

Just curious if others have experienced this due to age or possibly my 'excessive' masturbating when I was younger. Googled a bit about 'over-masturbation' and didn't really find anything definitive.

FictoVore.

I'm not an older male, but you can't damage yourself from 'over masturbation'. Two or three times actually sounds about normal to be honest.. 8 or 9 would be getting excessive :P I personally put it down to a weakening of the muscles as they age, the pelvic floor muscles and other muscles that control the strength of ejaculation weaken like many of the other muscles in the body!

Anyway I Googled 'ejaculation weakens with age' and here's one of the first sites in the results

http://www.privategym.com/blog/what-to-expect-from-your-penis-as-you-age

What To Expect From Your Penis As You Age

I'll copy/paste the entries for 40-50 and 50-60 

AGE 40-50

After age 40, changes become more obvious. You are still interested in sex, but not nearly with the passion you had two decades earlier. You can usually get a pretty good quality erection, but it now often requires touch stimulation. The gravity-defying erections don’t have quite the angle they used to. At times you may lose the erection before the sexual act is completed. You notice that orgasms have lost some of their kick and ejaculation has become a bit feebler than previous. Getting a second erection after climax is often difficult.

AGE 50-60

Sexual function is noticeably diminished. Nighttime and morning erections become few and far between. The frequency of intercourse declines while the frequency of prematurely losing the erection before the sexual act is complete increases. Your orgasms are definitely different with less intensity of your climax, and at times, it feels like nothing much happened—more “firecracker” than “fireworks.” Ejaculation has become noticeably different - the volume of semen is diminished and you question why you are “drying up.” At ejaculation, the semen seems to dribble with less force and trajectory. Sex is no longer a sport, but a recreational activity, sometimes just reserved for the weekends.

So yes, it's just a normal part of aging. One site I read did suggest seeing a doctor JUST in case it's something else (like prostate issues) so it could be worth a trip to the GP just to double check, but yes it is a relatively common 'side effect' of getting older, just like the saggy boobies and loss of sex drive that many women experience ^_^

Tja

Yep.

2 to 3 times daily, since puberty.

Now, I can go days without. 

Not as powerful, so, less enjoyable.

Fun while it lasted, though.

Now, I'm looking for a hobby, to keep my hands busy.:P

will123
8 hours ago, FictoVore. said:

I'm not an older male, but you can't damage yourself from 'over masturbation'. Two or three times actually sounds about normal to be honest.. 8 or 9 would be getting excessive :P I personally put it down to a weakening of the muscles as they age, the pelvic floor muscles and other muscles that control the strength of ejaculation weaken like many of the other muscles in the body!

Anyway I Googled 'ejaculation weakens with age' and here's one of the first sites in the results

http://www.privategym.com/blog/what-to-expect-from-your-penis-as-you-age

What To Expect From Your Penis As You Age

I'll copy/paste the entries for 40-50 and 50-60 

AGE 40-50

After age 40, changes become more obvious. You are still interested in sex, but not nearly with the passion you had two decades earlier. You can usually get a pretty good quality erection, but it now often requires touch stimulation. The gravity-defying erections don’t have quite the angle they used to. At times you may lose the erection before the sexual act is completed. You notice that orgasms have lost some of their kick and ejaculation has become a bit feebler than previous. Getting a second erection after climax is often difficult.

AGE 50-60

Sexual function is noticeably diminished. Nighttime and morning erections become few and far between. The frequency of intercourse declines while the frequency of prematurely losing the erection before the sexual act is complete increases. Your orgasms are definitely different with less intensity of your climax, and at times, it feels like nothing much happened—more “firecracker” than “fireworks.” Ejaculation has become noticeably different - the volume of semen is diminished and you question why you are “drying up.” At ejaculation, the semen seems to dribble with less force and trajectory. Sex is no longer a sport, but a recreational activity, sometimes just reserved for the weekends.

So yes, it's just a normal part of aging. One site I read did suggest seeing a doctor JUST in case it's something else (like prostate issues) so it could be worth a trip to the GP just to double check, but yes it is a relatively common 'side effect' of getting older, just like the saggy boobies and loss of sex drive that many women experience ^_^

On the bold, great point. I've noticed that I can't 'hold back' the initial squirt and it kind of halfheartedly shoots out and then normal ejaculation commences.

Thanks for the quote! I wasn't able to find much via Google.

The points mentioned pretty much reflect my experience. After reading the post that @davprec made on the Masturbation For Fun thread, I was kind of wondering what I had in store in the future, seeing as what I know now.

The most 'immediate' change I experienced was the absence of random daily erections. This seemed to happen right after I tried 'edging/surfing" with an erection that lasted three hours.

I can imagine an arousing situation, but it takes a bit of an effort to produce an erection. Manual stimulation speeds it up. Times two on the diminished angle of the erection as well. Morning erections are more or less random as compared to a few years ago when they were a daily occurrence.

Nowhere Girl
On 21.11.2017 at 8:43 AM, FictoVore. said:

just like the saggy boobies and loss of sex drive that many women experience ^_^

I had sagging boobs at the age of 20...

Btw, I'm not a man either, but I like the comparison of an orgasm to fireworks and firecrackers. That's it - for me it's always at most like a firecracker.

prib23

Yes volume and distance has diminished. I know it sounds like we're throwing a shot put or discus but it's masturbation.