what is cupiosexual

bound dust

I have been wondering what does cupiosexual mean? And how does one discover they are cupiosexual ?

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

It is someone who desires a sexual relationship, but doesn't experience sexual attraction. I don't really have much knowledge about it other than the definition, so not sure how one would discover if they are cupiosexual, sorry

• Like 1

The people who made the label for it were sort of misunderstanding how normal sexuality works. It's described as a 'type of asexuality' where you desire a sexual relationship but do not experience sexual attraction. People who ID as cupiosexual say things like 'I love sex and would be unhappy without it in my relationship, but I don't get turned on by my partner/don't get horny when I see my partner/it's the sex itself I desire sexually, not my partner' (these are all varying ways they are defining sexual attraction). The thing is, all these experiences are relatively common among sexual people. Not everyone bases their desire for sex solely on the appearance of others, and there are plenty of people who need foreplay to get aroused enough to have sex as opposed to just 'looking at your partner and getting aroused' (which is experienced more commonly by men). Also, many people enjoy sex for specifically for the pleasure of it, and the intimacy it makes them feel with their partner. Many don't want sex merely as a result of something magical their partner makes them feel (as self-identifying cupiosexuals seem to think), many desire sex itself and enjoy having it with their partner because they love and trust that person. So pretty much, someone can call them cupiosexual if they wish... but it's not asexual. It's a normal sexual experience.