How young is too young

Hey, I’m a 15 year old dude. Do you guys think 15 is too young to tell if I’m asexual? Do you think that at this age there is a great chance of me at some point feeling sexual attraction if I haven’t already?

No, 15 isn't too young. Yes, there is a chance that you may start feeling sexual attraction. But it's okay to identify as asexual even if you aren't completely sure.

• Like 4
Mostly Peaceful Ryan

I don't think 15 years old is too young to tell if you are asexual.  I think it is perfectly fine to identify as asexual now if that is how you feel. That being said 15 is still a young age and it might be good to keep that in mind, and be open to the idea of discovering more about yourself in the future. I know sexual people who didn't feel sexual attraction towards anyone till older then 15 so it is possible that you could still develop sexual feelings one day. There is no way to tell the future. Hope that makes sense. 

Welcome to AVEN :cake: 

• Like 2

Not really sure where people are getting the idea that 15 isn't too young, because "late bloomers" do exist, but asexuality is still a possibility especially if feelings do not change within a couple years.

• Like 1

I should mention, not sure if it’s important or not, I’m considerably advanced in puberty compared to most of the people in my grade. One could easily tell from observation that testosterone levels are certainly higher than a lot of guys, but they still experience sexual attraction. Is this imprortant information? Does it rule out my chance of being a late blunder? Or is it irrelevant information? 

i was 3 years old when i told my kindergarten teacher "i dont want to have sex"

9 years old when i told myself in the mirror "youre asexual"

11 when i came out to my mother 

12 when i told my grandma.

so are you too young no way mate, if anything your perfect age to be aware.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Epiphone said:

I should mention, not sure if it’s important or not, I’m considerably advanced in puberty compared to most of the people in my grade. One could easily tell from observation that testosterone levels are certainly higher than a lot of guys, but they still experience sexual attraction. Is this imprortant information? Does it rule out my chance of being a late blunder? Or is it irrelevant information? 

Never too young, but to answer your other question, yes, you still could be a late bloomer and sexuality is fluid.  I always thought I might be a late bloomer or broken during puberty (and there was no AVEN or ace community at that time) so I had no excellent resources or community like this to see if not feeling sexual attraction was actually a thing experienced by other people or not.  What I am trying to say is, if you are ace, then don't worry about it as this is an excellent community for support or whatever :) And welcome to AVEN. 

everywhere and nowhere
21 hours ago, miettaisace said:

Wow. At the age of 3 it was long before I had any idea what sex is.

21 hours ago, Epiphone said:

I think it is relevant. I was also physically a very early "bloomer" (though blooming is something beautiful and really, there's nothing beautiful for an 8-year-old girl in becoming a woman. I still don't consider it beautiful in any way, femininity is important for me as a political and spiritual identity, not as anything physical): breasts and pubic hair at 8, adult teeth (except wisdom teeth) at 9, adult-sized shoes at 10, period at 11, stopped growing at 12-13.

7 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:
On 21/11/2017 at 4:44 PM, miettaisace said:

Wow. At the age of 3 it was long before I had any idea what sex is.

i knew what my body was, i also knew that putting anything near my vag (i called it my down stairs as a kid) wasnt something i was comfortable with. my brother is 15 months older than me and very smart and he told me about sex thats where i learnt the word. 

also in 4 year old kinder a man tried to molest me and i punched him in the balls and say "dont touch me there" i think being ace saved me from being raped as a kid because i knew so firmly that i didnt want anything to be inside me ever, if i wasnt im sure he would of convinced me or i would of been confused.. its such a strong feeling in my soul, i was born knowing sex is not something i wanted. i knew since birth really.

• Like 1