Separated or married: why did I choose

Jaime Smiles

I was left deciding to myself, "Do I want to stay labeled separated from a failed marriage? Or marry another for the family I did not have in my first marriage?"

I contemplated and chose to try a brand new marriage. With high hopes, maybe my partner would be able to notice I am more than a sexual object. 

Separated yet again, I have realized I am selfish to want someone to look at me intimately, innocently. I hope now the years can go like months with the sound of strings.

How dare a partner cause shame, humility or guilt on an asexual. 

Divorced-2. Dignity-1.

plasticapollos

Welcome to AVEN!!! Have some cake!!!

You'll find understanding and solace here. :3 You're not selfish at all. Really.

Don't give up okay? TO HAPPINESS! <3

Sorry you’ve had to go through that twice. Even though I’m a child of divorce, I still can’t really fathom how painful it is as one of the participants. Hopefully things start looking up 😇.

On 20/11/2017 at 11:27 PM, Jaime Smiles said:

I was left deciding to myself, "Do I want to stay labeled separated from a failed marriage? Or marry another for the family I did not have in my first marriage?"

I contemplated and chose to try a brand new marriage. With high hopes, maybe my partner would be able to notice I am more than a sexual object. 

Separated yet again, I have realized I am selfish to want someone to look at me intimately, innocently. I hope now the years can go like months with the sound of strings.

How dare a partner cause shame, humility or guilt on an asexual. 

Divorced-2. Dignity-1.

Well, I am of the opinion that mixed relationships doesn't make sense at all unless massive compromises make both happy, but still. Next time try an asexual.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I don't think you're selfish to want that intimate innocence, but probably you're not going to find it with a sexual person, so as @Blondbear says, look for someone who can appreciate your need as the same as their own.

Archived