HELLO FROM BEIRUT

morgane

HELLO to all asexuals . 

I have 2 questions for you 

1 : how many of you felt we are alliens just due to our asexuality in this world?

2 :  what is the % in your opinion of loneliness due to asexuality? don t you feel that

asexuals have a lonelier life than sexual people?

1 - it is estimated that 1-3% of the human population are asexual

2 - depends on the area, but I'd say 32.5%, asexuals are more likely to be lonely due to prejudices against them, or not being able to join in in the sex talk, but overall they are more open and understanding people, and can easily find themselves friends within the community.

flagsforhippos

I have felt a bit alien in the past but being ace is only a small part of what made me feel different from other people.

Being different doesn't make me feel lonely though. Loneliness is an emotion I can't really empathise with; I've never experienced it, not even during the times in my life when I've been socially isolated. I'm afraid I couldn't even hazard a guess as to how many aces feel lonely because of their asexuality.

Welcome, @morgane! Have some :cake:

I have felt somewhat alien all my life, for a variety of reasons, not just asexuality. :P 

I feel lonely occasionally, but I also often like to be alone. I attribute that more to being an introvert than being ace. :)

Welcome back! :cake:

I have felt alien and lonely before, but not because of my asexuality, but because of my autism. I've never felt bothered by my asexuality; it's just another thing that makes me different.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Oh, I'm also from Lebanon, not Beirut though. I hate Beirut.

1-I've always felt like an alien but because I'm aromantic rather than asexual.

2-I never experienced loneliness, except at some social events (like weddings, parties...) that I usually avoid but can't all the time. Interestingly, among all the married people I know (family and friends), I and my other single friends are the least lonely of them all.

Welcome! :cake:

1 - I've always felt alien and different, but not just because of my asexuality. Mostly I enjoy it and my reputation of being a bit odd though.

2 - I have felt lonely, but only because it can be hard to find friends and connect to people as an introvert. Being asexual doesn't feature into it at all though and for the most part, I enjoy having time to myself.

Archived