Binder sizing dilemma

KRae

Back after a long hiatus... I'm having a bit of a dilemma with my binder. I haven't worn it in a while, since I gained about 15 pounds after being on prednisone for 9 months. My binder now feels more uncomfortable than it used to. According the the measurement chart (I have gc2b binders), my size has not changed. Perhaps the thing shrunk? Or might it be a good idea to try the next size up? I'm sitting near the upper limit for the size I have now.

Edit: Or is it just more uncomfortable because I haven't worn it in so long?

Welcome back! :cake:

I think you should wear a binder which size is appropriate to your chest, otherwise it will either be too loose or to tight. Being loose can make you feel dysphoric, and it's really unhealthy if it's too tight.

It might feel uncomfortable because you haven't worn it for a long time. This happened to me too, I spent an year without wearing my binder and when I put it on it was really uncomfortable.

If you have money to spare, you could buy a new binder that's the same size, just in case it has shrunk and one that's one size up.

Well, given that I can gain/lose weight very quickly, it's probably not a bad idea to have a couple different binder sizes. There's a running joke in the IBD community that we have three wardrobes: one for when we're flaring and losing a lot of weight, one for when we're on pred and gaining a lot of weight, and one for when we're in remission and at a "normal" weight.

Archived