Facebook Friendship

Tabula Rasa

If you use Facebook, I'm wondering how you feel and what you think about making friends there. I am hesitant to reach out to people I may know for friendship because I don't want to come across as a creepy person. That's how I see it. At the same time, I want to expand my circle of Facebook friends. Sometimes I get friend requests from people with whom I have a mutual friend, and I'm surprised because I think to myself "who am I that they would want to friend me?"

Most of the time, it's someone who wants to connect because they have a business they want to expand, and they are hoping I will invest in their business.

If anyone here is open to connecting with me on Facebook for simple friendship and not a potential business deal, I welcome that.

17 minutes ago, Nadooshka said:

Well damn. It looks like I scared people again.

I think it's more due to people not using Facebook as much. Along with keeping their online stuff separate from real life. Don't blame yourself. 

drjohnhwatson

I have, like, less than thirty friends on Facebook.  :lol:.  They're almost all family that my mom induced me to follow, and the handful of people I consider friends.  I'm the same way with you.  Why follow so many people, especially if you don't know them?  And I have a real hard time thinking that some people know everyone they're following, especially when it's at a count of like 947 or something.

This one girl followed me randomly (I accepted because she was a friend of a friend), but she's never spoken to me once or liked a post or shared or anything, to the best of my knowledge.  And she also sent me friend requests from like 4 or 5 other accounts she had.  At first I accepted a couple, then I was like "why the hell am I doing this?  I don't even talk to her as it is!" and just ignored the remaining requests.

I DISLIKE Facebook. Yes it helps connect people  but  Facebook also help Russia interfere in our election and  disconnect people too.

9 hours ago, Nadooshka said:

If you use Facebook, I'm wondering how you feel and what you think about making friends there. I am hesitant to reach out to people I may know for friendship because I don't want to come across as a creepy person. That's how I see it. At the same time, I want to expand my circle of Facebook friends. Sometimes I get friend requests from people with whom I have a mutual friend, and I'm surprised because I think to myself "who am I that they would want to friend me?"

Most of the time, it's someone who wants to connect because they have a business they want to expand, and they are hoping I will invest in their business.

If anyone here is open to connecting with me on Facebook for simple friendship and not a potential business deal, I welcome that.

What about connecting with people here rather than on FB? I don't use fb, I just have a profile just in case someone from my past wants to find me but I haven't posted anything since 2012.

I stopped using Facebook earlier this year, I come from a dysfunctional family, we're not close, in fact the larger side of the family haven't spoken to me in almost 30 years, but recently my father tried to contact me (I'm guessing he was in financial difficulties), I ignored him, he made my life miserable when he was around me, so, long story short, he used my profile picture (not a picture of myself, I never put a picture of myself on Facebook), used my name and started sending my friends abusive comments, so I came off there.

I applied for a job recently, they went to look me up on Facebook and found I wasn't on there, I got an interview, basically because they wanted to know why I wasn't on Facebook, I didn't get the job though <_< but it goes to show that Facebook is used for many other reasons, I use Skype to keep in contact with my friends abroad and here, that's it 

Archived