Having a relationship with aromantic

AnBloop

Hey, not long ago I started a relationship with my best friend. He sees himself as an aromantic and sexual. I am romantic and sexual. We love each other a lot, in a platonic way, and we are attracted to each other physically.

Since we started this relationship, I find the difference between platonic and romantic love very confusing. I don't know if I love him romantically, but I have so much love to him that I don't find it matter.

Right now, his feelings make him confused.

I would like to help him and work with him, but I don't have the same perspective as he does.

I would like to read your points of view.

Do you think that relationship between romantic and aromantic is possible?

How do you feel love?

What can I do to help him?

In your opinion, what is the difference between platonic and romantic love?

3 minutes ago, AnBloop said:

Yes. It's possible if both of you are willing to accept each other.

3 minutes ago, AnBloop said:

How do you feel love?

I'm aromantic, but I have a strong desire for emotional intimacy. It doesn't matter to me how the person loves me, if it's platonic or romantic or whatever, I feel the same about my feelings: what's important is that I love them.

5 minutes ago, AnBloop said:

You can show him the AVEN Wiki,  there are lots of useful information there. You can also talk to him, get him to explain what he is feeling, even if it's confusing.

6 minutes ago, AnBloop said:

I can't answer this question because I personally don't see any difference between them. Maybe what makes love romantic is that you are attracted to the person in a certain way - like wanting to touch them like kissing or holding hands. But, like I said, I don't really see any difference.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Oh, and welcome to AVEN! :cake: 

49 minutes ago, lobisomem said:

Yes. It's possible if both of you are willing to accept each other.

I'm aromantic, but I have a strong desire for emotional intimacy. It doesn't matter to me how the person loves me, if it's platonic or romantic or whatever, I feel the same about my feelings: what's important is that I love them.

You can show him the AVEN Wiki,  there are lots of useful information there. You can also talk to him, get him to explain what he is feeling, even if it's confusing.

I can't answer this question because I personally don't see any difference between them. Maybe what makes love romantic is that you are attracted to the person in a certain way - like wanting to touch them like kissing or holding hands. But, like I said, I don't really see any difference.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Oh, and welcome to AVEN! :cake: 

Thanks!

We are willing to accept each other. We both find this relationship comfortable. We have a lot of intimacy.

He thinks that he takes an advantage of me, because I probably love him in a way he doesn't love me.

I still have a few questions, if you're okay with it:

Is your love gender-dependent? According to your answer, the gender doesn't have any role here.

Can you feel this intimacy you've mentioned with more than one person?

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

1 hour ago, AnBloop said:

Yes, I think it's possible if you're capabale of finding a working compromise.

How do you feel love?

Like a very stong mental and physial attraction towards a certain person.

I'm sure that some aro aces around here can offer some useful advise :)

Platonic love doesn't include close physical/intimate actions while romantic love usually does.

7 minutes ago, AnBloop said:

Is your love gender-dependent? According to your answer, the gender doesn't have any role here.

No, it isn't. I can feel close with people of any gender.

8 minutes ago, AnBloop said:

Can you feel this intimacy you've mentioned with more than one person?

Yes, I can. I can be in a relationship and have what we call a "queerplatonic relationship" with someone else, or even be in a relationship with more than one person at a time - provided, of course, both of my partners agree with that and it causes no conflict. 

3 hours ago, lobisomem said:

No, it isn't. I can feel close with people of any gender.

Yes, I can. I can be in a relationship and have what we call a "queerplatonic relationship" with someone else, or even be in a relationship with more than one person at a time - provided, of course, both of my partners agree with that and it causes no conflict. 

It sounds exactly like my friend. I think your replies help me. Thank you, again.

3 hours ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Platonic love doesn't include close physical/intimate actions while romantic love usually does.

That's weird, because even when we were friends without any labels we had intimacy, mentally and physically. Do you think that romantic relationship is friendship with intimacy and physically actions?

Archived