Monster dating game

bennes1

I feel bad today. Most Saturdays I play board games.  Today it was at someone's house where he had these multiplayer games that you play on your phone.  One of those is essentially monster dating.  It is basically Tinder but you are sending messages to other players seeking a match.  And then there are secret monster abilities that help you win points.

I didn't get it like I don't get real internet dating.  I freeze up when I have to send messages in order to win affection or whatever and the fact that was just a game didn't even help.  I've been on probably every dating site and then I find out quite quickly that they don't work for me.  Because I haven't found anyone attractive there in either a romantic or sexual way, I either select everyone (with measly "hi"s because that is all that I know how to do there) or select nobody.  Unless I abstract it to make a game out of it, I get nothing out of internet dating.  (+1 point for cute dog.  -1 point for incorrect usage of their.  +1 point for cool mountain picture.)  It also doesn't take long to feel bad about myself there.  (I don't have anything to offer.  I cannot fulfill any romantic or sexual needs.)

So yeah, I felt bad about that game but I feel better now.  

Apathetic Echidna

I don't know about what you were playing buuuut my evil friends and I were once left alone with another friend's tinder account and we started choosing based on how attractive the fish was in the seemingly obligatory photo of a fishing trip. We also may have added a few sexy limericks about fish. 

I thought I should comment. it is sort of fitting into the topic and your picture. 

I assume this is Monster Seeking Monster from the new Jackbox Party Pack 4 (since I guess there's probably not a lot of monster dating games out there).

I think it's meant to be more of a social deduction game presented with the look of a dating game, but yeah I've seen it being played and pretty sure I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing on there either.

18 hours ago, Apathetic Echidna said:

I don't know about what you were playing buuuut my evil friends and I were once left alone with another friend's tinder account and we started choosing based on how attractive the fish was in the seemingly obligatory photo of a fishing trip. We also may have added a few sexy limericks about fish. 

I thought I should comment. it is sort of fitting into the topic and your picture. 

Yes, that is very fitting.  I don't know why I chose a fish but I thought that this account needed a picture and I didn't really want a picture of me so I picked something on Google images.

16 hours ago, rythax said:

I assume this is Monster Seeking Monster from the new Jackbox Party Pack 4 (since I guess there's probably not a lot of monster dating games out there).

I think it's meant to be more of a social deduction game presented with the look of a dating game, but yeah I've seen it being played and pretty sure I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing on there either.

Yes, that is the game.  I guess from the name, I should've known that it was a dating-type game.  But then again, I'm not sure if I would have wanted to explain why I didn't want to play.  To mention that I'm a virgin and really haven't been in any relationship (minus a couple of first dates) isn't something I really want to mention to most people.

Archived