Hi! New here.

anri

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a few weeks but thought it's about time that I introduce myself. I realized I was ace about a year ago, and since then have been doing a ton of reading, and it's been so empowering to know that I'm not alone and there's a community like this where we can commiserate and support each other. I grew up in a super religious (fundamentalist) family where relationships, sex, romance, etc weren't discussed openly and to a certain degree treated as shameful, which is a big part of the reason why it's taken me this long to realize my asexyness :) I've been online dating on and off this year but currently feeling ~hella done~ with allosexuals after being told my aceness is a dealbreaker or just straight up ghosted too many times. (I try to approach this with humour, but there's a lot of pain there too, I think being ace makes this issue considerably more difficult to deal with: I put a lot of thought and effort into who I contact and meet, and it's perpetually disappointing thinking that MAYBE this might work out for once. I mean, this situation sucks for everyone, but in some ways more for aces.) Anyways, I've decided that I'm spending the next while focusing on the things I enjoy & on personal growth, which includes reaching out on this forum. So hi :) 

Welcome! If you want to get back out there in the future you could always go to the meetups ( Meetup Mart ) or go on some of the asexual dating sites.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived