Mixed Relationships

Queen_of_Hearts

Queen_of_Hearts

Ok, so I’ll start this off by saying I am a teenager and so is she so sex isn’t a problem and we’re only a little over a month into our relationship so I doubt it would become a problem till much further down the line, but it’s starting to get serious so I thought I should come here. Both her and I are incredibly open-minded people and so I didn’t think it was a huge deal when I casually slipped it into conversation that I am Asexual. She didn’t react badly and we continued talking but I got a weird energy from her for the rest of the night. This is my first relationship and from what I know of her past this is her first serious relationship so we’re both trying to figure things out, with the added strain of me being Asexual I just thought it would be good to get some advice for how these sorts of relationships work and how exactly to explain to her asexuality because she didn’t quite get it but a dude walked in on our conversation so I didn’t get the chance to explain to her the nuances of asexuality and in particular the nuances of how I feel about sexual stuff in relationships. Which I pretty much feel would only ever happen if I was in a stable relationship with someone I love very much who I’m sure loves me to help fulfill their needs every once in a while though, again, that’s a long way down the road.

12 hours ago, Queen_of_Hearts said:

Ok, so I’ll start this off by saying I am a teenager and so is she so sex isn’t a problem and we’re only a little over a month into our relationship so I doubt it would become a problem till much further down the line, but it’s starting to get serious so I thought I should come here. Both her and I are incredibly open-minded people and so I didn’t think it was a huge deal when I casually slipped it into conversation that I am Asexual. She didn’t react badly and we continued talking but I got a weird energy from her for the rest of the night. This is my first relationship and from what I know of her past this is her first serious relationship so we’re both trying to figure things out, with the added strain of me being Asexual I just thought it would be good to get some advice for how these sorts of relationships work and how exactly to explain to her asexuality because she didn’t quite get it but a dude walked in on our conversation so I didn’t get the chance to explain to her the nuances of asexuality and in particular the nuances of how I feel about sexual stuff in relationships. Which I pretty much feel would only ever happen if I was in a stable relationship with someone I love very much who I’m sure loves me to help fulfill their needs every once in a while though, again, that’s a long way down the road.

1.as you know, being a teenager also means reconstructioning your whole self, and just be aware that things migth change, so dont go get the tattoo yet. 

2. Did you tryto tell her how you feel about touching/kissing/caressing and did you say that you are sex repulsed and never ever wants to get near second/third base? Or did you say that you just dont get all that fuzz about sex? Or did you just tell her that being with you, she should not expect to much, perhaps not anything in that direction. 

Queen_of_Hearts

I was leading into that, but like I said we were interrupted by a dude. I don’t quite know how to go about explaining all of it to her, or in particular how I feel about touching and stuff because that can get pretty complex, but I imagine I could figure it out, though I don’t know quite how to bring it up to her. I mean I don’t think I can just go “hey remember the other day, let’s continue that conversation even though it was incredibly awkward because it’s really complicated and parts of it won’t even matter for a long while” 

Queen_of_Hearts
3 hours ago, MrDane said:

1.as you know, being a teenager also means reconstructioning your whole self, and just be aware that things migth change, so dont go get the tattoo yet. 

2. Did you tryto tell her how you feel about touching/kissing/caressing and did you say that you are sex repulsed and never ever wants to get near second/third base? Or did you say that you just dont get all that fuzz about sex? Or did you just tell her that being with you, she should not expect to much, perhaps not anything in that direction. 

Archived