Why do I even masturbate?

that._.irish._.guy

that._.irish._.guy

Here's a rundown:

1. I hate to masturbate

2. I never orgasm or feel "high"

3. It feels disgusting

I find it disgusting and don't even feel good after, so why do I feel the need to do it?

I probably sound crazy or something... :|

RoseGoesToYale

I totally get this, and I don't think you sound crazy. There are lots of times where afterward I think "Why on earth did I just do that? I should never do it again." But I do. My libido is very low, though, so it doesn't make much sense. Maybe boredom, curiosity, or searching for that fulfilling experience but not finding it.

There's definitely gotta be something good about it for you though, otherwise you wouldn't do it at all. Like you said, you feel "the need". I never have and don't plan on it personally, so maybe that need is just something that happens after you've been doing it for a long time.

that._.irish._.guy
23 minutes ago, Groobly said:

There's definitely gotta be something good about it for you though, otherwise you wouldn't do it at all. Like you said, you feel "the need". I never have and don't plan on it personally, so maybe that need is just something that happens after you've been doing it for a long time.

But that's what I don't understand. I don't like any of it. Basically, I just do it. 

NerotheReaper

Do you feel like you have to based on society's expectations, or do you think it might be more of a personal desire to try to like it? 

27 minutes ago, Groobly said:

There might be something to this. I didn't really feel any "urge" to masturbate until after I started doing it when I was about 18. 

18 minutes ago, that._.irish._.guy said:

But that's what I don't understand. I don't like any of it. Basically, I just do it. 

Well, as a male, you kind of have to "relieve yourself" eventually for...well...obvious reasons. So, maybe since you already masturbate you just kinda have a subconscious internal clock that you're going on, and deep down you know this is the best option for you? Since it's obvious you don't like it but you're still doing it, and are fully aware of your dislike for it, this is about all I can think of. Though, like I said, I personally don't so it's kind of hard for me to get into your head.

1 hour ago, NerotheReaper said:

Do you feel like you have to based on society's expectations, or do you think it might be more of a personal desire to try to like it? 

In my opinion, society's expectations/opinions of masturbation are very negative.  

1 minute ago, will123 said:

In my opinion, society's expectations/opinions of masturbation are very negative.  

While this is true, it's also expected that everyone does it, so it's a mixed bag. 

I'm going on the 'you'll go blind/your hands will get hairy' nonsense. Other than pregnancy I've never really heard anything negative about intercourse.

8 minutes ago, will123 said:

I'm going on the 'you'll go blind/your hands will get hairy' nonsense. Other than pregnancy I've never really heard anything negative about intercourse.

I've heard plenty of negative things about intercourse. 

Just now, Jade Cross said:

Between Hepatitis, syphilis, gonorrhea, HIV  and other diseases, a pregancy is manageable thing.

Quite true, but I never heard that you'd shouldn't have sex with a person because you might catch...

1 minute ago, borkfork said:

I grew up in the age of the AIDS PSA

That occurredjust after my teen years. 

1 minute ago, m4rble said:

Haven't you heard of abstinence only education? 

I have but, not never had it diected at me or my classmates directly. 

1 minute ago, will123 said:

I have but, not never had it diected at me or my classmates directly. 

It's still a thing that exists though. 

2 minutes ago, m4rble said:

Haven't you heard of abstinence only education? 

I can't tell if that's a joke.

10 minutes ago, borkfork said:

I can't tell if that's a joke.

Well the same people who say ridiculous things about masturbation often say ridiculous things about sex. 

that._.irish._.guy

Okay, can we get back to the topic, and not talk about that crap?

that._.irish._.guy
11 hours ago, Groobly said:

So, maybe since you already masturbate you just kinda have a subconscious internal clock that you're going on, and deep down you know this is the best option for you?

I think you are getting at something. 

15 hours ago, that._.irish._.guy said:

Here's a rundown:

1. I hate to masturbate

2. I never orgasm or feel "high"

3. It feels disgusting

I find it disgusting and don't even feel good after, so why do I feel the need to do it?

I probably sound crazy or something... :|

I can relate. I will occasionally have an urge, I go to my room, I masturbate with out enjoying it, then I think to myself "You're disgusting. You fell for it again."

The weirdest part is trying to grapple WHY I was desiring it in the first place.

I do it just to get rid of that energy. I see it as nothing but that.

That energy can be damaging to a male if you do not release it, i mean to your health, and well being.

Thats the only reason i do it. Its one thing that science actually seems to appreciate, ie males need to get rid of that energy for health reasons especially.

I just see it as a release of energy, and not based on anything else for me.

I mean, i get no enjoyment out of it, or what ever sexuals get. Its just a release, and op your not alone, in seeing no purpose in it. I see no purpose in it for me, other then just needing to get rid of energy that builds up, and if you do not, it could make health problems worse.

Sexuals have an advantage in that sex, helps with health. If your asexual, well most asexuals are not going to have sex. But one thing you should do as a male, if your asexual, is get rid of what little energy you have down there.

But remember that sexuals, have a advantage on this, as sexual activity helps in health matters. But obviously staying a virgin, as an asexual, you will never get those health benefits.

Its a bit like having a female dog. Often when you have a female dog, that does never have a baby, you end up with that dog, getting cancer, i found in life. I have found in female dogs, whom never have baby dogs, they mostly have ended up having cancer as dogs.

^^

If you get me.

Sex for most humans is natural, and being asexual, and staying a virgin, is a very small minority. One negative about it, is, is you do not have the health benefits of having sex. I am ok with this, but just releasing that energy down there needs to be done, as it will cause more health problems, for me anyway.

Remember you are all energy, and there is a reason why humans make that energy, and need to get rid of it. For asexuals whom stay virgins, it can have an impact on your health. But i am fine with that, and obviously staying a virgin, you will never get the health benefits of actually having sex.

I am fine with that. I just wrote this, as there is a reason for releasing that energy. In males, you really do need to get rid of it, every so often.

So remember masturbation, is for me, just nothing but needing to get rid of energy that i have to release.

Just remember staying a virgin, will have an impact on your health, especially as a male. So masturbation is good just to get rid of that. It has nout to do with sex for us, but its just a natural thing to do for your bodies health. Masturbation will never have the full benefits of actual sex, but its better then not releasing that energy especially in males.

So for me, its a very cold thing in just getting rid of energy i do not need, and at least getting it our of me. I see it very coldly like that. For me masturbation as an asexual, is very cold, and without the lusts probably of sexuals, or excitement. Its just a release. Sexuals probably get excited by masturbation, but asexuals, just see it as a release of energy and boring.

On 11/18/2017 at 12:45 PM, Jade Cross said:

How exactly does not masturbating cause health issues?

Masturbating (and ejaculating) A LOT may have a marginal positive impact fighting off prostate cancer for cis-men/AMAB. Confirmation studies are... iffy. There is no negative impact. Old sperm is reabsorbed into the body and ejaculation does not magically alter testosterone levels. It's an old excuse for rape. 

There are positive benefits to consensual sexual activities that have nothing to do with biological sex. Such as how kissing during foreplay and sex can boost the immune system. 

On 11/18/2017 at 10:31 AM, andreas1033 said:

Its a bit like having a female dog. Often when you have a female dog, that does never have a baby, you end up with that dog, getting cancer, i found in life. I have found in female dogs, whom never have baby dogs, they mostly have ended up having cancer as dogs.

This is not true. Not getting animals spayed or neutered leaves them with more body parts that can get cancer. Giving birth can also cause incontinence, mastesis, and even death.

9 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

I've always been skeptical and those studies that claim regular sex/masturbating prevents prostate cancer, particularly since so many men, who engage in regular sex as it is already have prostate cancer.

I do not agree.

There is loads of reasons why people get cancer, and one of them will be stds. Look at micahel douglaus.

I believe that humans do pass on cancer, and its catchable. A percentage will get diseases that are supposed to not be transmittable, from others.

Do you remember george w bush, he would not touch a cancer patient.

Not everyone would catch it, but a minority will spread cancer this way, and get it this way.

Just because they say something is not contagious, does not mean a minority cannot catch disease by coming into contact witha  carrier.

Like, how george w bush would not touch a cancer patient. He understood, unlike most, that it is possible to catch cancer, but the majority will not catch it this way.

Micahel douglaus thinks his cancer came from catching stds from others.

A minority will catch non contagious diseases from coming into contact with others with it. Obviously on cancer, it will take along time to grow inside you.

Just because they say something is not contagious, does not mean, others cannot catch it. A minority will.

Archived