Can you have a crush on someone if you are asexual?

Im not sure where I fall on the spectrum, I was never attracted to guys, I always noticed women more. Im 27 and never had any sexual experiences, never even kissed anyone, But ive had like "crushes" on people, like right now I like someone who I work with, but I wouldn't want it to be sexual. Is it possible to be attracted to someone, but not in a sexual way? As ive got older, I kind of want a relationship, but not that side of it. So does that make me asexual or just gay with a low interest in sex.

Its all very confusing, trying to figure myself out, I spent years hating myself cause I thought I was gay, and now Im at a loss as to what I am, and there's no one to talk to.

Thanks for reading, any advice or insight would be much appreciated

• Like 2

Yes, you can. Many asexuals experience romantic attraction and desire a romantic relationship. It sounds like you are a homoromantic asexual: you don't experience sexual attraction, but experience romantic attraction to women.

• Like 4
AtypicalBandGeek

To put it simply, yes, asexual people can get crushes. 

To explain it a bit more, a crush is generally romantic attraction. People who aren't asexual sometimes feel sexual attraction as well, but if you don't it's still a crush. I'm asexual, and I'm in a relationship. It's the same as any heterosexual relationship, except there's no sexual activity. So yes, you can totally have crushes if you're ace. You would most likely call yourself asexual homoromantic, or just "ace and gay" if that sounds too fancy. Lol

• Like 4

Thanks, that's good to know, its so confusing, I even thought maybe I didn't belong here cause I didn't know what I was. I find it hard to understand feelings and what fits into certain boxes, if you know what I mean, so im asking myself do I class as this or that or where do I fit in?

Thank you 

Semiterrestrial Scientist

There’s also aesthetic attraction. It just means you think someone has a nice face.

Space-Ace-Android

Yes you can have a crush if you are asexual, but that depends on how you define crush. If you do not want to experience the sexual side of things, that places you under the ace umbrella and you are having squish/crush mix as you want to be pursue a romantic relationship. Also, you may be feeling a squish! A squish is a desire to strongly get to know someone, and disproportionate feelings of happiness when you see them. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Does this as pressing enter deletes your statement-----I hope this helped you, and have a pleasant day/night/whatever time zone you are in/ morning evening... (Goodbye now)

• Like 2