gender question

pinkroses

how do you know you are male/female? 

what do you feel makes you male/female ? 

what gives you confidence to  be yourself ? 

I don't know how I don't know what I am :) Right now, I find it hard to believe in the existence of gender.

what gives you confidence to be yourself?

Positive experiences of all kind (memories, self-discipline, nature, reflectional processes) and mental hygiene (trying to take care of my mental wellbeing, consciously directing my thoughts and feelings if possible). On some days I'm more confident than on others.

Mm, I guess it's how you feel on the inside? I feel like a male and wish to be a male (with the parts n all) I knew from a young age cause I thought I'd grow up just like my cousins and bro. But when I grew female parts, I knew something was wrong.

what makes me feel male? Being recognized as one (even if I may not look the part just yet) wearing boy clothes, singing or speaking in a lower voice, not seeing my boobs, etc. Lots of things make me feel this way. :)

2 hours ago, pinkroses said:

I know I am female because of my sex organs.

What makes me female is my sex organs.

What gives me confidence to be myself? The fear that if and when I reach old age, I would have lived out of harmony with my truth. Can't get that time back.

Calligraphette_Coe
11 hours ago, pinkroses said:

That gender is like the sun and casts a long shadow. But you don't have be stand in its gaze of essentalism all day. Because the night belongs to people like us.

15 hours ago, Vera Bradley said:

I know I am female because of my sex organs.

What makes me female is my sex organs.

What gives me confidence to be myself? The fear that if and when I reach old age, I would have lived out of harmony with my truth. Can't get that time back.

I wasn't speaking of sex organs. 

6 hours ago, pinkroses said:

I wasn't speaking of sex organs. 

I thought that was a valid response to the questions "how do you know you are male/female? what do you feel makes you male/female ?" because that is what makes this person know and feel they are female. If it is nothing else but those organs that makes them know and feel female, e.g. behaviors or thoughts or appearance, then that is her experience, I suppose.

Your questions are good though. 

On 17.11.2017 at 11:46 AM, pinkroses said:

I don't.

On 17.11.2017 at 11:46 AM, pinkroses said:

nothing

how do you know you are male?  i can't really explain it but its more than just a feeling - for me really it's just a deep sense of knowing.

what do you feel makes you male? for the two big ones that can help validate how i feel is either working out or just dressing or being seen as male or at least just not being looked as female.

what gives you confidence to  be yourself? I'm not confident but I need to be myself simply because pretending to be something I'm not is just not an option for me.

I'm both genders  at the same time. Although I have a woman's body, I do admire and am slightly jealous of the male physic. I dress in flannel shirts and jeans, like to tinker with cars, and have always found it easier to talk to men as friends. But I also make a mean apple pie, enjoy crafts and will sit with the "girls" to talk about the latest news> (not as comfortable with women)

I feel we all have both male and female traits in us, but in some cases one gender is much stronger and the person has to decide which gender would be true to themselves. I have also struggled with this.

Archived