BiGender supplements

Sophia627

I’m a Male, but consider myself Bigender. I’m considering taking supplements. I still want to maintain an erection but want the physical appearance of a female. I know it takes awhile for the changes. My question is can I take Estrogen and Testosterone at the same time to get those effects? Anyone have experience with that?

Lie-RennyValkyrie_

I'm afraid I don't know but I would be curious of peoples experience with this. I hope you find your answers.

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Gender Discussion.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

3 hours ago, Marcus Gong said:

Wait so who do you want to attract females or males?

That’s not relevant here. Sexuality is different from gender. People don’t transition to “attract”, they do it for themselves.

7 hours ago, Sophia627 said:

I’m a Male, but consider myself Bigender. I’m considering taking supplements. I still want to maintain an erection but want the physical appearance of a female. I know it takes awhile for the changes. My question is can I take Estrogen and Testosterone at the same time to get those effects? Anyone have experience with that?

You could take estrogen and androgen blockers for a while (long enough to develop breasts at least), get procedures like FFS and hair removal, and then stop hormones so you can regain reproductive function.

Since you’re AMAB, there’s no point in taking both testosterone and estrogen. In fact, if you’re on estrogen with no blockers, your levels won’t change significantly because testosterone naturally overpowers estrogen expression (which is why trans men don’t need estrogen blockers by large- estrogen is easier to suppress than testosterone). Plus, having hormone levels in-between “male” and “female” for too long can have adverse health effects. So based off your own goals for transition, do you think my recommendation in the first paragraph sounds like something you’d be interested in?

butterflydreams
2 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

You could take estrogen and androgen blockers for a while (long enough to develop breasts at least), get procedures like FFS and hair removal, and then stop hormones so you can regain reproductive function.

Since you’re AMAB, there’s no point in taking both testosterone and estrogen. In fact, if you’re on estrogen with no blockers, your levels won’t change significantly because testosterone naturally overpowers estrogen expression (which is why trans men don’t need estrogen blockers by large- estrogen is easier to suppress than testosterone). Plus, having hormone levels in-between “male” and “female” for too long can have adverse health effects. So based off your own goals for transition, do you think my recommendation in the first paragraph sounds like something you’d be interested in?

Estrogen and anti androgens has the serious potential to sterilize you if you’re on it for long enough, and long enough is pretty short from my understanding. I’m going into year three here and I’m already likely long past that point. My doctor said it’s usually the first thing to go, though YMMV. It won’t necessarily kick back on if you stop taking the hormones either. It can be permanent.

Not only will estrogen get blocked by testosterone, your body will attempt to counteract the additional estrogen by ramping up testosterone production. This is one of the first things they tell you when starting HRT. More isn’t better.

10 hours ago, Lie-RennyValkyrie_ said:

Thanks ChillaKilla and butterflydreams. I don’t care if I’m sterile. I have two kids already and don’t really want more. I just want to maintain being able to have an erection and not have limp dick if I decide to stay a man. I want to start the other physical changes and have the more feminine features, but not really sure that I want to go the whole way. Maybe down the road that will be something that is more right for me. 

Supplements can be dangerous.  They're not regulated.

3 hours ago, AceAlexa said:

Supplements can be dangerous.  They're not regulated.

OP most likely meant hormones

Archived