It's okay to be white (campaign)

Yatogami

You're funny. Someone could write a post about baking soda or spark plugs and you'd still make it about "the left".

Challenge accepted

True. Baking soda is used a lot more by blue collar folk, as white collar folk can pay others to do those tasks. 

Likewise those whose political viewpoints are more left of centre are more likely to change their sparkplug themselves as it's the only way they can keep their used car running properly, whereas someone who leans more to the right is likely to only change the spark plugs on their classic car (investment) to say that they work on it themselves :P:P

1 minute ago, CaptainYesterday said:

Are you going to make an actual argument?

The argument's been made over and over in so many threads for so long that it gets boring to make it again.  You don't listen anyway.  

8 minutes ago, CaptainYesterday said:

Are you going to make an actual argument?

:huh: I didn't attempt to make an argument. I merely asked a question: "Do people still talk about it" - or is it just one of those countless 'trending topics' that will be forgotten about in three days. Then you came along, singing your well-known song about "the left". Which I think of as funny. Nothing more, nothing less.

The whole campaign remained totally unnoticed over here; I'd never have heard of it if it weren't for this thread.

2 hours ago, CaptainYesterday said:

How else would you like me to address the group that a majority of people already commonly understand is called "the Left?"

I think Homer was talking about you always interjecting your attitude toward "the Left" into discussions, rather than your name for that group.

The White Ajah of the Aes Sedai is dedicated to the value of logic, and devotes itself to questions of philosophy and truth. They do not concern themselves with worldly affairs, it seems that they have no eyes-and-ears network. The head of the White Ajah is called the First Reasoner.

It's ok folks, we can be white too.

I think that "it's okay to be white" campaign is good: I mean there's nothing bad being proud of your ethnicity!

Being white, black, asian or whatever is always ok. We can't choose our ethnicity so we should accept ourselves! :) 

13 minutes ago, Hazell said:

I think that "it's okay to be white" campaign is good: I mean there's nothing bad being proud of your ethnicity!

Being white, black, asian or whatever is always ok. We can't choose our ethnicity so we should accept ourselves! :) 

“White” isn’t an ethnicity though. Irish, Polish, German, etc. are ethnicities. The reason “black” (i.e. African american) is an ethnicity is because a lot of native African culture was mixed around or lost during the slave trade. Celebrating your roots is fine, I agree! But “white” pride as opposed to Russian/Scottish/Hungarian/etc pride is simply celebrating the fact that you’re not a person of color. 

No one is saying it isn't okay to be white and that is why there is an issue. A lot of people behind the campaign were ethno-state supporting racists creating a bogeyman of "the other side persecutes whites, come join us ... and then we'll get you in to 14 words and more later."

The reason BLM has its name is to say people don't seem to care about black people dying based on how the police behave.

The reason all lives matter has its name is to say that there is no discrimination against black people by police in opposition to what BLM says. A few of them argue that the police use unnecessary force against everyone, but most are saying that the police don't use unnecessary force at all.

38 minutes ago, CaptainYesterday said:

Source

Newsweek cite David duke and also the daily stormer as supporters of the movement

http://www.newsweek.com/neo-nazi-david-duke-backed-meme-was-reported-tucker-carlson-without-context-714655

[Not saying that they are behind it but they certainly support it]

I'm just gonna leave this here. Now imagine "White" is replaced with "Black".

And yes, white people are treated as one ethnicity constantly.

1vz637.jpg

4 hours ago, Yato said:

1vz637.jpg

If it's true then these concerns should be treated seriously and not be labeled as racist, bigoted etc. Just as if you don't want as much immigration and so on you shouldn't be treated as a racist, especially as the consequences is the rise of much more radical parties (see UK, Sweden, France and Germany). 

5 hours ago, Yato said:

1vz637.jpg

Which of those articles is an attack on white people? You probably haven't read them, so which of those headlines is even an attack on white people? If you replace "white" with black in those headlines I would be confused about most of them as the headlines wouldn't make sense. For others it could be mildly offensive as pushing bad stereotypes, but no one is pushing the stereotype that all white people are like that while they do push the narrative that all black people are like that.

I don't disagree that white can get treated as an ethnicity, but it isn't one.

1 hour ago, Autumn McJavabean said:

1. Citation needed. No evidence supports the people behind it were ethno-state supporting racists. lol It was created by people to get a reaction, nothing more.
  2. Um, people do care. They're on the news all the time when shot, but the same isn't for whites when shot. Acting like people don't care for black lives is absurd and founded by no evidence either.
  3. All lives matter is a statement saying that not only do black lives matter, but all lives. It's a counter to "black lives matter" when other lives are lost, more so those at greater numbers and no one bats an eye. But when it's a black person, everyone loses their minds. As the Joker put, "it's all part of the plan."

1. I should have said panders to ethno-staters, uses their rhetoric and helps them in their goals, I don't have evidence to if that was the intent or it was useful idiots that planned it.

2. It keeps happening and that is why BLM is a statement that people don't care, it isn't really talking about every individual person not caring it is about the system.

3. Are you kidding? If a rich white girl goes missing it is a huge story. The same is not true for people of color or other marginalized groups. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome Talking about cops in particular it is only news recently when a black person is killed because of BLM.

14 minutes ago, apatrickwsu said:

Which of those articles is an attack on white people? You probably haven't read them, so which of those headlines is even an attack on white people? If you replace "white" with black in those headlines I would be confused about most of them as the headlines wouldn't make sense. For others it could be mildly offensive as pushing bad stereotypes, but no one is pushing the stereotype that all white people are like that while they do push the narrative that all black people are like that.

I don't disagree that white can get treated as an ethnicity, but it isn't one.

I'm pretty sure if you published an article titled "Black men must be stopped, the future of mankind depends on it", you'd get a negative reaction. 

3 minutes ago, Yato said:

I'm pretty sure if you published an article titled "Black men must be stopped, the future of mankind depends on it", you'd get a negative reaction. 

agreed that the headline is clickbait. Did you read it? https://www.salon.com/2015/12/22/white_men_must_be_stopped_the_very_future_of_the_planet_depends_on_it_partner/ 

Was all your offense justified? Do you think the white author of the article is coming for you with a pitchfork and an angry mob?

2 minutes ago, apatrickwsu said:

agreed that the headline is clickbait. Did you read it? https://www.salon.com/2015/12/22/white_men_must_be_stopped_the_very_future_of_the_planet_depends_on_it_partner/ 

Was all your offense justified? Do you think the white author of the article is coming for you with a pitchfork and an angry mob?

Doesn't matter, it's a micro aggression.

Archived