Ace and confused

Kaleidoscopic

Kaleidoscopic

Hello! My name's Giulia, i'm 21 from Italy.

I FINALLY identified as Ace after some troubled relatioships, but i'm still confused about my romantic orientation. For now i'm going for "gray-aro". I think i've had crushes before, but never for real life people, just charaters from tv series. I'm not even sure if those were actual crushes or it was just me being too passionate about the character's psychology... Well, whatever, i'll figure it out eventually, and maybe this community will help.

Anyway, i would say i'm not at all intrested in sex, and i'm slightly repulsed. I've been in a relatioship with an hetero guy once, and i tried to keep up with it, but i started having panic attacks and stuff so, yeah, nope. 

It is not that i can't watch it on tv or read about it and stuff, it just makes me feel reeally cringey and uncomfortable. I mean, i've been able to watch game of thrones, so i can say i'm not 100% repulsed and sickened by it. 

After my last relationship (i only had two, one with a girl, one with the guy i mentioned before) i was feeling pretty awful. I actually believed i had some kind of medical condition that for some reason made me not like sex. So i made some researches and i found asexuality instead. I was like " naaah c'mon, it can't be.... Right?", but everything made sense and i just had to accept it. It wasn't easy, i thought that meant to be forever alone, and weird and isolated. But at the end i menaged to feel better about it, and now it is soooo nice to finally being able to give it a name, and not feeling "broken and dysfunctional".

-sorry about my english, i keep finding mistakes, that's why i keep editing xD-

Welcome to AVEN, Giulia :)

That's great to have a name for our feelings and I'm glad you've found a name that suits yours. Just for a note, being asexual doesn't mean you will be forever alone and so on. Being yourself and knowing what you desire and expect of relationship is a key to have a happy and healthy relation and it saves pain of unconsciously getting into unfulfilling relationships. AVENites are a supportive community, a mix of people of various orientations, genders, personalities and interests, I hope you will find something interesting with us.

Welcome, you I'm glad to hear, or rather read, that you found asexuality, and that it has given you a new perspective on yourself. As @Astryda said there are more than just sexual relationships, there are romantic and platonic ones as well. The trouble is finding out which one you want. 

Sketchcomic - types of Attraction

Maybe this will help?

15 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Welcome, you I'm glad to hear, or rather read, that you found asexuality, and that it has given you a new perspective on yourself. As @Astryda said there are more than just sexual relationships, there are romantic and platonic ones as well. The trouble is finding out which one you want. 

Maybe this will help?

That's a cool picture, where did you get it from?

About the romantic orientation-

If you only have crushes on fictional people (or think you do), that aligns with fictoromantic. :)

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Kaleidoscopic

Thaanks to all of you!! :)

On 15/11/2017 at 7:33 PM, Astryda said:

Just for a note, being asexual doesn't mean you will be forever alone and so on.

Yes, i know now, it was a thing i used to believe when i first realized that i might have been ace, and i was scared, but thanks to a little bit of information i learnt more about it :)

On 15/11/2017 at 9:53 PM, Lichley said:

Maybe this will help?

Thank you!! I guess i will investigate more ahah 

On 15/11/2017 at 11:30 PM, Hazel_Elise said:

About the romantic orientation-

If you only have crushes on fictional people (or think you do), that aligns with fictoromantic. :)

Oh wow, that exsists too! Ahah xD i had no idea. I will look into that too, thanks!!

Thank you Lia too!! I will surely look everything up! :)

Archived