I Think I’m Aromantic But I’m In A Relationship

Always.Confused

Always.Confused

I’m in a relationship currently, and have been in quite a few in the past, but I’ve realised that a couple weeks into the relationship I always get ‘bored’ and my feelings tend to be more of friendship like, than like like. I don’t know how to explain this to my current girlfriend. 

Im just so confused. 

Ive never had a proper crush, but it’s as if I take other people’s feelings toward me and force myself to feel the same way toward them. 

Whenever someone says hey have a crush on me, I feel as though I have to have a crush on them. I can’t tell what my feelings are at the start of a relationship, but by the 2-3rd week, it’s more friendship. 

This has happened so many times, but I never seem to learn.

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

aballofthoughts

It's hard to read our own feelings. Same here, I was usually approached by someone, never was the approaching one (which isn't particularly weird, since I am a female). But after a short period time (depends), I would end up with being more friendly than having romantic feelings. Thinking back, maybe it was because I was young and didn't know how to "behave" in these situations and didn't understand my feelings (not that now I am that much older or that I understand my feelings as I recently found out, lol nope). But I was in a relationship that was an actual romantic relationship and that lasted. 

I wouldn't say I am aromantic, because I was drawn to others somehow. It's very hard to explain :D

I don't knw if this helps, sorry if this is not what you're looking for. Also sorry if something isn't clear, there's so much but I try to keep it brief. 

Archived