Riverdale CW, Jug isn’t Ace

Willgracefan

I’ve come to love the soapiness of Riverdale but I get so annoyed with the Jughead/Betty relationship. There was rumblings at the start of season one that Jughead might be ace, his portrayer even advocated for Jug to be asexual. But with each episode, they get more and more farther away from Jug being ace and it’s pissing me off... anyone else?

The CW always plays to the overall demographic which are teen girls with romantic stars in their eyes. There's money to be had in that, as the ad I got from Hot Topic recently showed: Bughead (the most idiotic designation I've ever heard) or Varchy (which is isn't much better)?

It is an awful piece of ace easure. GLAAD have called them out about it in their report on LGBTQ+ representation in the media. I really hope they reconsider it. I don't believe it is too late to have Jughead become asexual in Riverdale like he is canonically meant to be.  It is a common misconception that "asexual characters are boring" they can still have romances if that is how they want to go down. Alternatively they could write an aro-ace character and build on the friendships that character developments. The ace community need more love and representation in the media.

Archived