I'm not sure...

I'm still not sure... I've been thinking a lot lately... And I can't seem to get to a conclusion........

I say I'm Ace Aro...

But it still doesn't fit, it doesn't sound correct when I say it... I don't know what I am........ I'm confused as to what I am...

The idea of sex repulses me - but only if it's aimed at me... Same with romance... It only repulses me when it's specifically about me.......

Other times - no.

But I don't know what you'd call that..?

Sex-repulsed sounds - almost there - but not 100%...

Romantic? - I still can't tell what is romantic and what isn't....... I remember finding something that fits quite well - but I forgot it... :(

Are there other 'subcategories' to Asexual and Aromatic I'm not aware off? - can I create another title if I can't find any that fit?

I'm confused - I'm definitely under the Ace umbrella - but I don't seem to be on the scale... It's confusing me...

Forgotten Fox

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/119238-a-list-of-romantic-orientations/ < I found a big list with plenty of subcategories you can look through if you want to find a specific label, but if Aro Ace is what works for you go for it! In the end it's up to you on what you identify as ^_^

You don't have to be repulsed by sex or romance all the time, or at all, to be aro ace. You only have to not experience sexual and romantic attraction.

1 minute ago, TheAP said:

You only have to not experience sexual and romantic attraction.

That's the confusing thing - I don't know what romantic and sexual attraction actually means...

I can't really describe it...

Thats what I'm attempting to do now... Find other paths in the maze of romance and sexuality I am walking circles in...

I'm trying things on - if they don't fit - they don't fit -

Words are made of air and paper after all...

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

Maybe just take a simple label like asexual and don't go deeper than that for now. Then as time goes by you will see where exactly you feel you best fit. There is no real rush to get the right label perfectly, and sometimes taking the pressure off can help discover more by asking simple questions overtimes and pondering the answer. 

5 hours ago, ♣Ryan♣ said:

sometimes taking the pressure off can help discover more by asking simple questions overtimes and pondering the answer. 

True - even though I'm not putting that much pressure on myself - it may still be too early to really say...

But knowing I still don't see the full picture - is still putting me on edge...

6Unmentionable9
On 11/14/2017 at 8:35 PM, ThatHuman said:

That's the confusing thing - I don't know what romantic and sexual attraction actually means...

I can't really describe it...

I've always heard sexual attraction as a "pull" towards another person or object, and a feeling like you're heating up. That you think about having intercourse with them... I've never experienced attraction like that so I can't tell you if it's legit or not, but hh. Sexual attraction is "the desire to have sex with someone", that's pretty much it

For romantic attraction it's where it gets a little more confusing, since whatever is deemed "romantic" is different for everyone. For you it might be kissing or holding hands, but I do that stuff with my good friends and don't consider myself romantically involved with them. Romantic attraction I guess, is the desire to do... romantic stuff with a person? Or to be in a relationship with them. I've never felt it, again, so I can't really tell ya what it is ahhh

7 hours ago, 6Unmentionable9 said:

I've always heard sexual attraction as a "pull" towards another person or object, and a feeling like you're heating up. That you think about having intercourse with them... I've never experienced attraction like that so I can't tell you if it's legit or not, but hh. Sexual attraction is "the desire to have sex with someone", that's pretty much it

Then no... I never expired that...

The opposite - yep - run for the hills and hide!

Romantic? - I've come to a conclusion that I just don't see the difference between romance and friendship. Even though they overlap in many things...

Well, if you're really unsure about how you feel and you've never had sex or been in a romantic relationship, you could always try them firsthand to see how you'd feel. Of course, this route isn't for everyone, but it definitely helped me realize I'm aromantic when I was on the fence for the longest time.

If you find yourself thinking something along the lines of, "Ew, no way, I don't want to try sex or a relationship at all," then you might have your answer right there.

I know it's tough questioning your identity, so I hope everything goes well. Good luck! :cake: