• Announcements

• Kelly

AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Lady Girl

Ace Community Census   11/06/17

It’s time for the 2017 Ace Community Census!   see:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162675-announcing-the-2017-ace-community-census/  
    • Heart

Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  
Ciri

Ciri's Guide to Appealing

.Lia
19 hours ago, Ciri said:

Depends on if the other warns were complete BS. 

Unfortunately, the members of AVEN do not get to determine what warn is bullshit and what warn isn't - that's the Admod team's job, but during the discussion of the warning itself and the appeal if one is made. Just because someone doesn't agree with a warn they're given, it doesn't give them carte blanche to puke all over the ToS. If you don't agree with the site's terms of service, that person is free to not use the site anymore, or to request a voluntary suspension from the site until they can cool off. If you wish to have a say in the ToS, policy, and warnings, then become eligible and run for an Admod position.

Ciri

Aww shit I don’t remember any of this. I’m going back to bed. 

Janus DarkFox

A shame such bans or partial site restrictions arn't covered outside of the ToS, those systems don't apply.

Ciri

@.Lia I'd rather chew glass than become an Admod. One person can't change a system so broken that Admods are too blind to see.

TheAP
1 minute ago, Ciri said:

@.Lia I'd rather chew glass than become an Admod. One person can't change a system broken that Admods are too blind to see.

Maybe we're not blind, we just don't think it's broken.

Ciri
5 minutes ago, TheAP said:

Maybe we're not blind, we just don't think it's broken.

If you think a staff member searching for personal details about myself on another forum and then justifying it with 'lol you're staff, we can follow you on whatever forum we want' is in any way acceptable, you're blind.

What do you want from staff members?

All their email addresses?

You already ask for their Facebook accounts. 

Online names used on other forums? Apparently so.

Its creepy and harassment. And it's certainly none of your business.

TheAP

I don't understand the details of what occurred, so I won't comment on it. But staff aren't forced to give any personal information.

Kyon.

Nobody has ever asked me for my Facebook profile. I feel unloved. 

OptimisticPessimist

I’ve also never been asked for my Facebook account or any other usernames for other forums. As AP says we aren’t forced to give personal information. 

NerotheReaper

I also never been asked to provide other online information.  We can give it if we want to connect with each other, but we are not asked or forced. I am not sure where that came from. 

Randomchaos

Same as the above.

I agree @Kyon. I feel unloved too :P

Ciri

That doesn't take away from the fact you think it's acceptable to stalk people around the internet because they're staff. For example, I'm part of a lot of medical issue related communities. How the heck do I know you didn't go to them and find me there? No im not stupid enough to use the same name, but hey that didn't stop you last time did it.

OptimisticPessimist

We all don’t think that, I’m sure none of us do, I certainly don’t think that’s ok for anyone one to do.

pook

AVEN staff members do not stalk other AVEN staff members (or anyone for that matter) around on the internet. That's false. 

.Lia
3 hours ago, Ciri said:

@.Lia I'd rather chew glass than become an Admod. One person can't change a system so broken that Admods are too blind to see.

Then I don't understand what the point of the complaining is. You're unwilling to try and change the system, and yet you still want to complain about the system. 

Member44496
4 minutes ago, .Lia said:

Then I don't understand what the point of the complaining is. You're unwilling to try and change the system, and yet you still want to complain about the system. 

I don't believe that "become an admod" should be considered the solution to disagreement with the admod system, not everyone has the time, desire or popularity for that but that doesn't mean their view is invalid. Voicing complaints and criticisms of the system shouldn't be considered bad.

.Lia
Just now, Member44496 said:

I don't believe that "become an admod" should be considered the solution to disagreement with the admod system, not everyone has the time, desire or popularity for that but that doesn't mean their view is invalid. Voicing complaints and criticisms of the system shouldn't be considered bad.

It's more that there are no solutions suggested, or the ones that are aren't possible. Either you want to fix the system or you want to complain. If you want to complain, that's okay but sooner or later, enough is enough, IMO.

FaerieFate

Ciri. As someone that was also screwed over by the admod system and an ex-mod, let me tell you something.

This isn't the best way to go about this issue. You see an obvious problem are are passionate about that. I like that. I like how you're willing to stop and say, "Hey, this is messed up." These are all important quality to have here. However, none of that can help if you don't go about it correctly.

First, have everything you need declassed. Read the warning thread as well as a few other things in admods to see which admods you trust. Note, these aren't always the admods that agree with you, they're just the ones that are more open minded to other opinions. If you want me to tell you whom I personally go to in admods, feel free to message me, I can suggest admods that will be willing to listen if you come to them in a calm manner. Second, once you identify the problem, you need to find a solution. For example. The problem is you weren't allowed to appeal because you weren't told about the possibility to appeal in your warning. Potential solution, perhaps someone that isn't told that they can appeal be given 2 weeks after finding out to appeal? Third, you have to just accept that it's not about fixing what's done to you. It's about not letting it happen to someone else in the future. Yeah, you're still screwed over, but all your'e doing is making admods start to tune you out. They can't change what they've done. What they can do is make sure it doesn't happen again.

So, to clarify, pm a declass member (I can make suggestions for that as well) and ask if there's any relevant threads you can declass. As long as the thread solely pertains to you, DT will declass it 3 months after the thread if you ask. Determine which admods you think will hear you out, suggest a possible solution to said admods in a calm and rational manner, and come to accept that this solution won't benefit you. It will fix the broken system, though. All of this endless mentioning of how your warning was screwed up isn't going to fix anything, though.

Also note, there is a clause in TOS about stalking and harassing. Granted, the clause if very rarely used properly, but if anyone did stalk you (without your permission) outside of AVEN, report them. If it's an admod, report it to an admin. Again, I can suggest a few admins I trust as well if you need help in that.

I can also help you draft anything that may help you in your case as an ex-admod and someone that's bothered admods a lot recently about issues.

Just want you to know, I have no issue with WHAT you're doing. I am only pointing out that there's an issue with HOW you're doing it. I'm fully willing to help if something is wrong. I agree admods aren't perfect, and they can fuck up a lot. But attackign them won't fix the issue. Telling them how to fix the issue will.

Ciri

Well I can’t respond to Pook given the fact Admods are/have been discussing permanently banning me over a non-offensive post. I’m pretty sure he knows exactly what my thoughts about it are though. 

Faerie, that’s my entire point. I don’t want somebody who thinks they have the right to go stalk people around the internet to actually be allowed to go and do it knowing full well their friends in the backroom will lie for them. 

FaerieFate
5 hours ago, Ciri said:

Well I can’t respond to Pook given the fact Admods are/have been discussing permanently banning me over a non-offensive post. I’m pretty sure he knows exactly what my thoughts about it are though. 

Faerie, that’s my entire point. I don’t want somebody who thinks they have the right to go stalk people around the internet to actually be allowed to go and do it knowing full well their friends in the backroom will lie for them. 

But not everyone in the back room will break the rules so blatantly like that. MY "friends in the backroom" wouldn't lie for me. In fact, I think admods ate way too eager to find a rule break related to stalking and harassment to let that slide. 

Also pointing out the fact you ignored my entire point and all of the steps on how to properly deal with your complaints, but okay. 

Ciri
39 minutes ago, FaerieFate said:

But not everyone in the back room will break the rules so blatantly like that. MY "friends in the backroom" wouldn't lie for me. In fact, I think admods ate way too eager to find a rule break related to stalking and harassment to let that slide. 

Also pointing out the fact you ignored my entire point and all of the steps on how to properly deal with your complaints, but okay. 

Oh the rest was spot on actually. I tend to just respond to bits i disagree with :P 

Skycaptain

Locking this pending admod review