My own journey with art and human sexuality & sensuality

MoraDollie

Lady Gaga has always had a huge impact on my life. I loved how she combined art and embracing the idea of human sexuality. She has influenced my own art in regards to how I pose my figures as well as the “inner” parts. When I was younger I would love to watch her videos to her music videos but as I grew older, I started making more and more connections between the symbolism within the lyrics AND her music videos. I love seeing how Lady Gaga has evolved as an artist over time.

I think the album Artpop is absolutely beautiful from both an artistic point of view and sensual point of view. I have seen myself grow monumentally as an artist within the past few months or so, and I can honestly say Lady Gaga helped push me in this regards. A lot of my own art related to my own (often macabre) perception of something and I 95% of the time draw feminine figures because the feminine form is beautiful and represents just so much to me.

Learning to embrace my own inner Venus and bring it out through my art is honestly one of the most challenging things I’ve gone through with my own metamorphosis as an artist. I have yet to find that “perfect” way to express the duality between my sensuality/sexuality and art to show a way of empowering both art and the idea of human sexuality. I find my own sense of liberation in this idea of synthesizing art and human sexuality. 

This is why I feel like Arssensus really hits a personal note with me, the idea of “combining” human sexuality and art in some kind of magnificent metaphor. I think this sentence really captures the essence of arssensus “Arssensus believes that sensible human sexuality is beautiful, like an art form. As such, Arssensus puts emphasis on creativity, artistic expression, and embracing your sexuality and sensuality.”.

I think with me being both a visual and performance artist, I feel like I can get really close to that “perfect” niche that arssensus represents between art and sexuality & sensuality. 

Arssensus believes that sensible human sexuality is beautiful, "

THAT is so sexy! The sensibility in everything makes everything beautiful, sex too.

Archived